The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Re: An Interesting Stat from the Crist Blog
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:18 pm 

Wooley makes a lot of sense.

The horse in the paddock with the red eyes and purple flapping tail away from New York can often go well.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:32 pm 

Jerkins must Be a Druggie and Crook . Just Ask Wooley .

Anyone who thinks that Pletcher or Assmuson , Mott or any Top Trainer is Avoiding NY because of Detention Barns to Hide their illegal Activity needs to find a New Hobby .

You really think ALL the other tracks are looking away in Gr 1 Events ??????? If thats the Case how do you ever Bet ??

like Saying Folks who Live in States without the Death Penalty are Obviously Murderers !!!

Give it a Rest Already . EHHHH

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:47 pm 

wooley85 wrote:
quote="BELMONTLOVER"]Todd Pletcher has not won a Grade 1 stakes in NY in 23 months, and has lost with 43 entered in that time span.

Publius wrote:
That's an interesting stat but he has won 8 Grade 1's outside of NY.

Contrary to what posters here want to believe, a reputable poster on another forum said, "NY has the toughest detention barn in the country...cameras in every corner, guards patrolling everywhere and only one person allowed with in with the horse and no vets". He also said, "I've been to detention barns up and down the East Coast and most are a "joke".

Add that to the steroid ban, and alot of former high percentage trainers are not so high % any longer, in NY that is.
Also, other states have more lenient drug rules and sporadic testing and lax pre race surveillance.
How many stakes wins does Asmussen have in NY? A couple of weekends ago, Asmussen and Albarado took down all three stakes races at MTN on a Saturday. :roll:
Levine cannot win a race at the SPA...but is the leading trainer at MON :roll: with 35% win stat. :mrgreen:

Stop the insinuations especially about Levine. Guy is an honest trainer and NEVER does well at the Spa. He does not dope his horses and never has. The difference is I know because I have been there in his barn many many mornings. The BS that he does well where they can cheat is offensive.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:49 pm 

Yorker wrote:
Jerkins must Be a Druggie and Crook . Just Ask Wooley .

Anyone who thinks that Pletcher or Assmuson , Mott or any Top Trainer is Avoiding NY because of Detention Barns to Hide their illegal Activity needs to find a New Hobby .

You really think ALL the other tracks are looking away in Gr 1 Events ??????? If thats the Case how do you ever Bet ??

like Saying Folks who Live in States without the Death Penalty are Obviously Murderers !!!

Give it a Rest Already . EHHHH

I believe the Detention barns have contributed to the move elsewhere.not for the Wooley theory of cheating but simply because many horses just don't dt well. I had a very good filly freak and because there was no vet "allowed" she was hurt and never raced again. Many are reluctant to subject their stock to such conditions.Cheaters will find ways to cheat regardless.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:50 pm 

Who was the Reputable Poster HIGGY or ILOVEJERRYBAILY ??????

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:51 pm 

1/4 Pole wrote:
Wooley makes a lot of sense.

The horse in the paddock with the red eyes and purple flapping tail away from New York can often go well.

NONSENSE.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:51 pm 

Yorker wrote:
Who was the Reputable Poster HIGGY or ILOVEJERRYBAILY ??????

star44

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:52 pm 

I am not as enamored by A. Jerkens :roll: as are many people... including yourself.

His reputation is from years loooooooong gone... now he contends with the strict NY rules and he can't win a race in NY either. What were the last big horses A Jerkens had...that won...in the last 3 years...I can think only of Society Selection. Gee, Jerkens must have lost his "horsemenship ability" if he can't win a race at the SPA...this year and last year too.

suffolk otb wrote:
Allen jerkens is 0 for 26 at the Spa---I guess those detentions barns have nailed him too :roll:

wooley85 wrote:
quote="BELMONTLOVER"]Todd Pletcher has not won a Grade 1 stakes in NY in 23 months, and has lost with 43 entered in that time span.

Publius wrote:
That's an interesting stat but he has won 8 Grade 1's outside of NY.

Contrary to what posters here want to believe, a reputable poster on another forum said, "NY has the toughest detention barn in the country...cameras in every corner, guards patrolling everywhere and only one person allowed with in with the horse and no vets". He also said, "I've been to detention barns up and down the East Coast and most are a "joke".

Add that to the steroid ban, and alot of former high percentage trainers are not so high % any longer, in NY that is.
Also, other states have more lenient drug rules and sporadic testing and lax pre race surveillance.
How many stakes wins does Asmussen have in NY? A couple of weekends ago, Asmussen and Albarado took down all three stakes races at MTN on a Saturday. :roll:
Levine cannot win a race at the SPA...but is the leading trainer at MON :roll: with 35% win stat. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:00 pm 

Every Horse that Places gets Tested at Every Track After a Race . been that way For Decades . I'm with the Dog here . Try Coaching by Locking up your Football Team for a Hour Before the game . the Detention Barn ASSUMES that ALL Trainers are Crooks and Can't be trusted . Most Trainers Don't want to lose the ability to Warm up a Horse the way they want . Most Trainers would Find the Detention Barn an insult to their integrety .

Calling Any Successful trainer a Druggie is Redicules .

Maybe They Ought to have a Detention Barn at Yankee Stadium and Make A-Droid and the rest of the yankees Sit there till start of game. How many Might be looking to play somewhere else after a Year or two of That crap . Of Course they Must all be Druggies ??

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:04 pm 

Talk about a pie in the sky theory :roll: ...all those expensive, million dollar race horses survive the NY detention barn to WIN races...but Levine and his stock "go to MON" to avoid the NY detention barn... :roll:

YOUR OPINION is just that...an OPINION...no more valid than anyone else's. :mrgreen:

lukeydog wrote:
[

I believe the Detention barns have contributed to the move elsewhere.not for the Wooley theory of cheating but simply because many horses just don't dt well. I had a very good filly freak and because there was no vet "allowed" she was hurt and never raced again. Many are reluctant to subject their stock to such conditions.Cheaters will find ways to cheat regardless.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next