The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:59 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Re: An Interesting Stat from the Crist Blog
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:09 pm 

Why Bother with Stewards , Judges and Testing

Wooley Has all the Answers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Put Her in Charge and we will be down to Match Racing Contessa Horses ridden by Pat Day [ The Holy one out of Retirement ] and Angel Cordero [ Lord Knows Agel is Honest ]

Maybe Wooley got a Full time Gig Working at the Detention Barn ???

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:17 pm 

Jerkens has alot of bad horses now, he is not getting the type of horses his son is getting. I don't think its anything else with him. He is obviously nearing retirement

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:12 am 

wooley85 wrote:
Talk about a pie in the sky theory :roll: ...all those expensive, million dollar race horses survive the NY detention barn to WIN races...but Levine and his stock "go to MON" to avoid the NY detention barn... :roll:

YOUR OPINION is just that...an OPINION...no more valid than anyone else's. :mrgreen:

lukeydog wrote:
[

I believe the Detention barns have contributed to the move elsewhere.not for the Wooley theory of cheating but simply because many horses just don't dt well. I had a very good filly freak and because there was no vet "allowed" she was hurt and never raced again. Many are reluctant to subject their stock to such conditions.Cheaters will find ways to cheat regardless.

No my opinion is based on facts. Sitting in the office talking with the man determining where my stock goes and why..not on rumours and innuendos such as your mindless banter. The next time your over at Belmont stop in to the barn tell Bruce how you have him figured out and let him in on your sinister BS..your not 100 % wrong your just ridiculous.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:16 am 

BELMONTLOVER wrote:
Jerkens has alot of bad horses now, he is not getting the type of horses his son is getting. I don't think its anything else with him. He is obviously nearing retirement

Jerkens made lots of enemies over the years. He is a tight fisted crybaby who has "worked" the system and admin for years. Guys who took from him were iced...people who worked for him were stiffed..He still gets top dollar for his care yet he no longer has people banging down the door to work for him..Not everyone is hoping he hangs in there...he has made enemies over the years.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:16 am 

Yorker wrote:
Why Bother with Stewards , Judges and Testing

Wooley Has all the Answers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Put Her in Charge and we will be down to Match Racing Contessa Horses ridden by Pat Day [ The Holy one out of Retirement ] and Angel Cordero [ Lord Knows Agel is Honest ]

Maybe Wooley got a Full time Gig Working at the Detention Barn ???

I am just glad she took this vegetable off the ignore list!!She really must luv me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:29 am 

I will tell you this, he has done a super job with Go Go Shoot. A horse that I thought had tremendous potential from day one.

He was sent to Florida for awhile, and after returning from there, he has shown that speed that he has. I hope he stays together and get another stakes shot, and hopefully a win

lukeydog wrote:
wooley85 wrote:
quote="BELMONTLOVER"]Todd Pletcher has not won a Grade 1 stakes in NY in 23 months, and has lost with 43 entered in that time span.

Publius wrote:
That's an interesting stat but he has won 8 Grade 1's outside of NY.

Contrary to what posters here want to believe, a reputable poster on another forum said, "NY has the toughest detention barn in the country...cameras in every corner, guards patrolling everywhere and only one person allowed with in with the horse and no vets". He also said, "I've been to detention barns up and down the East Coast and most are a "joke".

Add that to the steroid ban, and alot of former high percentage trainers are not so high % any longer, in NY that is.
Also, other states have more lenient drug rules and sporadic testing and lax pre race surveillance.
How many stakes wins does Asmussen have in NY? A couple of weekends ago, Asmussen and Albarado took down all three stakes races at MTN on a Saturday. :roll:
Levine cannot win a race at the SPA...but is the leading trainer at MON :roll: with 35% win stat. :mrgreen:

Stop the insinuations especially about Levine. Guy is an honest trainer and NEVER does well at the Spa. He does not dope his horses and never has. The difference is I know because I have been there in his barn many many mornings. The BS that he does well where they can cheat is offensive.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:02 am 

Now, THAT is a point we agree on. I personally know someone who worked 7/24 for A. JERKins as an ass't for 8 months. All you posted re JERKins is accurate. He is NOT a nice guy.
He is NOT any sainted trainer.

lukeydog wrote:
BELMONTLOVER wrote:

Jerkens made lots of enemies over the years. He is a tight fisted crybaby who has "worked" the system and admin for years. Guys who took from him were iced...people who worked for him were stiffed..He still gets top dollar for his care yet he no longer has people banging down the door to work for him..Not everyone is hoping he hangs in there...he has made enemies over the years.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:29 pm 

wooley85 wrote:
I am not as enamored by A. Jerkens :roll: as are many people... including yourself.

His reputation is from years loooooooong gone... now he contends with the strict NY rules and he can't win a race in NY either. What were the last big horses A Jerkens had...that won...in the last 3 years...I can think only of Society Selection. Gee, Jerkens must have lost his "horsemenship ability" if he can't win a race at the SPA...this year and last year too.

Last year Jerkins brought back Any Limit off a year layoff to win some major races in 08 and a few earlier this year.

Jerkins had some illness earlier this year and is recovering so he may not be at his best.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:11 pm 

lukeydog wrote:
wooley85 wrote:
Talk about a pie in the sky theory :roll: ...all those expensive, million dollar race horses survive the NY detention barn to WIN races...but Levine and his stock "go to MON" to avoid the NY detention barn... :roll:

YOUR OPINION is just that...an OPINION...no more valid than anyone else's. :mrgreen:

lukeydog wrote:
[

I believe the Detention barns have contributed to the move elsewhere.not for the Wooley theory of cheating but simply because many horses just don't dt well. I had a very good filly freak and because there was no vet "allowed" she was hurt and never raced again. Many are reluctant to subject their stock to such conditions.Cheaters will find ways to cheat regardless.

No my opinion is based on facts. Sitting in the office talking with the man determining where my stock goes and why..not on rumours and innuendos such as your mindless banter. The next time your over at Belmont stop in to the barn tell Bruce how you have him figured out and let him in on your sinister BS..your not 100 % wrong your just ridiculous.

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all the people some of the time, but you can't fool ALL of the people ALL of the time :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:50 pm 

Wooley the only fool and I mean this intently is you. It is apparent that some welcome your drivel and nonsense..me and the other veggies do not..Nor do the honest people who put their effort into the sport not to mention time and money. Continue your unconscienable nonsense..Bruce has laid awake nites worried to death you might have an audience of three that believe you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next