The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:08 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: One Last Shot For A 2009 Board Meeting
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:32 am 

On Saturday, October 3rd at Belmont we have the Grade 1 Jockey Club Gold Cup, the Grade 1 Beldame, the Grade 1 Joe Hirsch Turf Classic, the Grade 1 Flower Bowl Invitational, and the Grade 1 Vosburgh. This is arguably the best dirt and turf racing card you could possibly see, especially if you don't care so much for BC rubber romps and the mini bull-ring turf racing that goes with it.

I'll be railratting that day rain or shine to invest the October pension check and whatever cash I can hustle up in public restrooms between now and then. All are invited to kick in on a P6 ticket, diddle some races, or just kick back and have a few laughs. Even if I'm by myself I'll run into some old cronies, bartenders, and trackies but I thought it'd be a good idea to try to get some friends from the Board together for maybe one last fling before next spring or some dreary lashup in the Manhattan Terrace at Aqueduct.

Post your thoughts here. If any of our lovely female board members attend I promise to show up with a new shower, shave, and clean clothes on.

Post subject: Re: One Last Shot For A 2009 Board Meeting
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:56 am 

Larry, both boards will be there on that day. Won't it be interesting for those who can't seem to bury their axe, but have never shown up to be a part of the group; remaining, instead, as background noise, wallpaper. Its always amazing, the fun times and good handicapping we've shared in the afternoons when face to face.

It beats posting at pixels all day.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:01 am 

Barring any last minute emergencies or nasty weather, I'm set on making my way down the Thruway on October 3rd.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:19 am 

Well, if Rocketman shows up with his spooker of imported Irish gin and Marty shows up with his spooker of rotgut gin and I get there with Flag's spooker of Irish whiskey it looks like some of us could have a good time.

It will be necessary to pre-handicap this card for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:54 pm 

I'll be there regardless of which board decides to meet where. I don't play this two boards crap. Haven't decided where I'm camping out for the day be it on the rail or upstairs. Depends on where the biggest group congregates I suppose. I hope the races don't run too late because I'm running out to the Islanders home opener later that day. Should be a great sports day.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:56 pm 

Grits wrote:
Larry, both boards will be there on that day. Won't it be interesting for those who can't seem to bury their axe, but have never shown up to be a part of the group; remaining, instead, as background noise, wallpaper. Its always amazing, the fun times and good handicapping we've shared in the afternoons when face to face.

1/8th pole never been to a Board Meeting ?? WOW Grits I didn't know that . Seems like lots of people can't bury the axe and need remind us here. Interestingly we can't remind them there because we are not allowed or invited. Shouldn't Burying have equal opportunity ? I will look for my invite to join the other Board coming in the mail LOL . promise I won't hold my breath.

Once again I wish you all a Great time , Just not something this Arkansan can do right now . Will be going to the Left Coast for the Rubber Races in November .

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:27 pm 

Yorker wrote:
Grits wrote:

1/8th pole never been to a Board Meeting ?? WOW Grits I didn't know that . Seems like lots of people can't bury the axe and need remind us here. Interestingly we can't remind them there because we are not allowed or invited. Shouldn't Burying have equal opportunity ? I will look for my invite to join the other Board coming in the mail LOL . promise I won't hold my breath.

Once again I wish you all a Great time , Just not something this Arkansan can do right now . Will be going to the Left Coast for the Rubber Races in November .

Yorker I will send a plane to pick you up...Than you can stick around for yankee red sox playoff game if you choose...why would anyone bury an axe? They are meant for cutting..1/8 Pole has been to many of the Board Meetings..without an axe..Will be a great card that fine Oct day..I am counting on a huge betting opportunity..For those who make it trackside have a great day.Yorker let me know what airport to pick you up at. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:41 pm 

Got bills and kids to take care of here in Ohio. I'm out. Enjoy!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:02 pm 

Wish I could attend. Any time at the the track is a great time. I made it to the track 30 out of 36 days this summer, and loved every minute. Have a good time, life is to short.

Be well, and play hard.

OG

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:18 pm 

It is shaping up to be one great day of racing. Good luck to all who can make it. If I were in the area I would be there in a heartbeat.