It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:24 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: I Want Revenge all drugged up
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:05 pm 

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/06/sport ... ref=sports

Post subject: Re: I Want Revenge all drugged up
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:17 pm 

This whole thing stinks. I wish it would go away. It's one thing after another. You have this horse lubed up 4 days prior to the Derby, and the owners get a bull shit story Derby Day? IEAH was dooped

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:14 pm 

Ummmm.........IEAH paid 3 million for a horse and never has him vetted out? No way.

And why did it take them so long to sue? They only sued AFTER Lanzman filed a suit against them. If they didn't know, they should have filed a suit that day or week, not months later.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:14 pm 

When New York caved to the drug racers in the late 80s the sport got into deep poop-de-do.

ALYSHEBA folded in the '87 Belmont coming off his pharmaceutical happiness.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:49 pm 

suffolk otb wrote:
I love this paragraph:

There is a growing concern within the veterinary community that overmedication — with drugs like corticosteroids, anti-inflammatories that can have dangerous consequences — and lax oversight are part of the reason the United States has the world’s worst mortality rate for thoroughbreds.

Growing concern?

That is the NY Times for you....at least 10 years late to the issue.

10 years too late yet no one in the industry has seen fit to reverse the trend. Fault isn't with the NY Times.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:55 am 

What a bunch a Barbra Steisand this IEAH lawsuit is. IEAH pays top dollar for every young horse that runs a big fig. I Want Revenge ran two huge races and got hurt. That happens all the time and it's been going on with horses forever. Raise a Native was impressive in his four races too.

IEAH, as slick and sophisticated as they like to project themselves to be to the public gambled on a horse and lost. Time to pay up.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:12 pm 

Publius wrote:
What a bunch a Barbra Steisand this IEAH lawsuit is. IEAH pays top dollar for every young horse that runs a big fig. I Want Revenge ran two huge races and got hurt. That happens all the time and it's been going on with horses forever. Raise a Native was impressive in his four races too.

IEAH, as slick and sophisticated as they like to project themselves to be to the public gambled on a horse and lost. Time to pay up.

This goes much deeper..The horse was certainly vetted but vetting would cover the anatomy shots of legs and joints observation and some blood and fluids...IT would not cover the juice the jumps the milkshakes the rats nest that was shot into the horse for his 3 yo campaign.. IEAH is far from slick and they got beat pure and simple..I posted this the week it went down...and it is going to get better as the story continues...the exchange the sale the demise and the suits is a perfect backdrop for a movie...Oh and IEAH has no choice they have to answer to the people who's money they used to buy the damn colt.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:14 am 

I beleive Ieah will be bankrupt before long,the ponzi scheme can go on for so long
especially with their latest bad investments.Brownie keeps them solvent only for so long.