SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:00 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Re: Andy Serling live at NYRA.com at 8pm tonite
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:23 pm 

Yorker wrote:
blackthroatedwind wrote:
I don't even know what monitored chat means. I answered as many relevent questions as I could. You guys seem to be looking for something that very simply isn't there.

There were over 500 questions asked. I did the best I could. Sorry if that's not enough for everybody.

Andy , Unmonitored chat would allow folks to ask questions and get honest answers on Negative aspects of NYRA or a particular race/ trainer . As an employee you probably couldn't participate .

I'm not sure Publius knew that NYRA had an Open Unmonitored chat for close to 2 Years . Fans commenting on Bankruptcy , why NRA shouldn't get the Franchise or the Crooks in upper Management , Politics and on racing Boards , The PROMPTLY Shut it down

Couldn't handle the Negative

if WFAN shut down Live Discussion when a NY sports figue was on the Hook , they would be closed every night .

NYRA never could take the good from the Bad

Thats why no OPEN Chat anymore.

I think the Internet Chat that NYRA has established is great way to reach out to their customers. Plus it lets NYRA know what their customers are thinking. I hope they realize this is a great idea and continue these having these chats.

I'd prefer a straight forward ask a question and get an answer right away as if we were chatting one on one. However I realize with the number of people asking questions that is impossible. I have a few beefs with NYRA specifically the number of turf sprints that are carded. However I think overall the current NYRA executives are doing a pretty good job as far as improving services and reaching out to their customers.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:32 pm 

From what I remember, the old NYRA board was stopped because some users made blind and unfounded accusations about certain trainers, not NYRA. I think there was a threat of a lawsuit, and what organization wants to be responsible let alone sponsor the anonymous ramblings of the disgruntled?

The industry from coast to coast is scared of any scandal or accusation, and does all it can to sweep the story under the table. Look at the recent suspensions of some of the current top trainers. I see some of them are able to serve after the BC, so they can avoid that being a story on their big day. And those suspension came from Kentucky not NYRA. It is almost impossible for the casual fan to know when a trainer is suspended.

I may not be NYRA's biggest backer, I'm still pissed they closed down the Belmont Grandstand to save 15 cents.
But, to answer the question, NYRA has put forth many new enhancements over the last few years. They have new flat screen tv's, and improved website with free video replays, trips and traps, blogs, and an upgrade or a move to cater to the hard core handicapper on their live feed both before and during the races, links to Curlin and Rachel pages for the horse lover set, they have festivals and days at the races with the local communities, facebook, twitter pages, and purse enhancement for number of starters. Extended Free parking and admission days, rebates on the NYRA rewards accounts. Attempting to get younger fans with student tuition giveaways.....And the best racing in America period. No other state/organization is even close. That is just to name a few things. I haven't seen any other track make the same or similar enhancements in that time.

I'm not sure what the beef is. Is it they don't want to publicize customer complaints on a bullet board? If so, what company does that? Does Keeneland or Churchill have a blog where the fans take shots at those company's?

NYRA is far from perfect, but it is the best racing in the game.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:27 pm 

I really wanted to hear this and was sorry I couldn't. I thought the marketing email was terrific, and I think the idea is terrific. This has got to be a very important way to get horseracing out to the market, and maybe it's a way to get more people who like to think to at least give the game a try. Whatever NYRA's faults may be, I think they're trying really hard to inject new life into the sport by using new media.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:24 am 

Finally Someone who States Facts and Reasons they Support NYRA , Thanks Publius and E78th . You two are Great in my Book .

Problem I have is I keep Hearing the Best Racing in America , week In Week Out but I'm not Seeing it in real Life .

Look at the trainers and Jocks that are National in prominance and Where they now Ride in the Summer . Not in NY .

Honestly Nothing against Ramon Dominguez But I'm not Sure he would be allowed to Shine Go Go's Boots ! He Splits time with NY and DELAWARE Park .

Where are the Top Trainers Stabling Their Horses In NY ?

Do You Think that The NY Graded Stakes days this Summer were Superior to Arlington Million Card , WoodBine Card , Monmouth ?

See I think folks keep saying The BEST but Reality is NY is Running Short Field and Exclusive State Bred the Majority of Time .

While you write a Pretty impressive list , how is it Bigger or Different than Other Tracks . Everyone Has done this kind of Stuff .

As a Red Sox Fan , I expect and just about DEmand the Absolute BEST from Management , Not what Everyone does . I'd imagine that Yankee fans do the Same Could yo imagine if Either Boston or NY were crying poormouth for 15 years , loses every year for over a decade and were attempting to call their product the Best ?

Time that NYRA prove that They are the Best . In Business Proof is By showing a profit .

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:36 am 

buzz wrote:
From what I remember, the old NYRA board was stopped because some users made blind and unfounded accusations about certain trainers, not NYRA. I think there was a threat of a lawsuit, and what organization wants to be responsible let alone sponsor the anonymous ramblings of the disgruntled?

NYRA is far from perfect, but it is the best racing in the game.

Buzz Your Close . The Rumbling Didn't come from the fans , They came from Postings from Insiders of Gary Contessa's Barn . There was discussion of a Fight that Happened that the Insiders Reported was Racial in Nature . The Disgruntled Employee was not a regular .

Contessa Responded by Threatening NYRA with a Lawsuit and NYRA in Turn Shut down the Site . This Happened 2 weeks Before the KY Derby and Many Fans were in Contests with Each other , Planning on Meeting Each Other

While They Locked the Site Out , they Opened a ONE SIDED , Post your Question , Get an Answer from Contessa . Questions that Asked about the Incident were CUT . Questions that wern't considered Positive were Cut

Till Today , this One Sided , I will answer Questions I want , boot others is the ONLY kind of Chat NYRA does.

I have always remained Bitter about that incident and Believe that the Contessa infighting was not a Good Reason to Eliminate the Chat . Should have Eliminated the Poster and Contessa . I have always Felt that the members of the chat who were planning to handicap and share data on the Derby wee owed a Contessa Apoligy . So YEA I'm not a Contessa Fan