The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:39 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Where Will You Be For Breeder's Cup?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:09 pm 

I'm thinking I'll be in the downstairs saloon with 1/8 Pole but racing on the rubbers and a pissant turf course isn't to my liking. I'm thinking the Aqueduct card will catch the brunt of the action both days.

I was thinking of hosting a party for some horsey friends like I did one year but that's up in the air for now because of the lousy venue.

We're still dithering about jumping into KP's P6 BC pool but we're close by and I can run some cash over to him up until the last minute. It'd be nice to be in a huge play for a share even if your horses have to race over shredded tires, condoms and panty elastic.

Post subject: Re: Where Will You Be For Breeder's Cup?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:35 pm 

Breeders cup will always bring me mixed emotions. We buried a fine Marine last year, the same day his grandson won a Breeders Cup race. I hope to be alone watching and hoping, but with a 25 year old at home, with buddies in tow, I doubt it. I am going to invade the wifes women cave, and take over the whole operation. The kid might have a OLD 25 claimer going that day, plus a filly, whats her name. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:06 pm 

Damn near went out there this year, my sister is about 35 minutes from Condom Anita. Honestly if it were almost anywhere else. I have my carrel with 3 tvs, and my own little wagering machine reserved for both days at my local simulcast joint. The comps there are great now all I need is some luck.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:13 pm 

Vegas with Friends watching Both days on the big screens , drinking dollar tipped Brews / hard Stuff and Catching looks at the two legged fillies passing by . Personally i could Give a Damm on what they Run as long as they are all running on the same thing. Full Cards of Top Flight Horses in 70 Degree Weather beat the heck out of Boat Racing on the Frozen tundra anyday. Yet I will be indoors Playing Both Boats and Champs . As a guy who has been at Santa Anita for BC and Churchill and Belmont . SORRY Fellas no Comparison . I will take the Sunlight warmth and mountain View over the Drizzle and Cold ANYTIME.

Its a great 2 days day of Racing that produces more revenue than most Tracks make in a year !!

BC is one of the Reasons racing has a chance to survive and ought to be embraced for the publicity it brings to the sport .

No Whining By Me No Matter where its Run .

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:35 pm 

I intend to be at the Ghettolands in the teletheatre...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:50 pm 

I'll probably drive up to Freehold Racetrack to put money in the NJBETS account Friday evening or early Saturday morning. I'll be watching and playing the races from my living room and study in central NJ. I can't handle the big crowd days at the track.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:06 pm 

I remember being at Freehold some years ago with the split pools when a horse I loved paid $9.40 at Freehold and just $5.40 in New York. I loved the trots there. I think the T-bred winner was BOOMTOWNER that day with Diane Nelson up.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:01 pm 

I tried to do that the Invasor year. System buckled and went down right before the sprint. Tried in vain to get a $10 saver win bet in on Thor's Echo, yea he wins and pays $33. Had to bolt to the Meadowlands. What a disaster that was.

Jay Trotter wrote:
I'll probably drive up to Freehold Racetrack to put money in the NJBETS account Friday evening or early Saturday morning. I'll be watching and playing the races from my living room and study in central NJ. I can't handle the big crowd days at the track.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:15 am 

Honestly, I didn't realize tha tthe Cup was this weekend until watching ESPN this evening and seeing the ads for the program. I've so tuned this year's Cup out.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:49 pm 

at home betting the turf races hard and rubbers so so