The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:18 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: It Ain't Over 'Til It's Over
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:36 pm 

I loaded up the OTB account last night at the Levittown OTB and found the balance to be way more than expected. It was time to do some detective work. I drive home and fire up the PC to check my statement.

Here's what happened: I went to bed with my finger puppets but Saturday in the 7th at the Swamp 1/8 Pole tapped on the 4/1-2-5 zacta and began yelling and moaning when the #5 nailed the #4 on the wire. That's when the downstairs saloon closed for business but he should have waited for the race to go official. An Inquiry and claim of foul came up and the #5 was DQed to fourth. The chalk #4 was placed first and the bomb Lump #1 was placed up from third to second. The 4 & 1 exacta paid $36.60 in a short field but nobody here knew.

You gotta wait until the prices are posted. Years ago at Aqueduct my two-pony box at numbers went third and fourth but the race was a rodeo and the winner and place horse came down after a long Inquiry to third and fourth while my two went to the head of the class. The guy next to me had the third-place finisher to win/place hard and he ripped and ranted. Ten minutes later when the horse was placed first he was crying over his wind-blown confetti.

Post subject: Re: It Ain't Over 'Til It's Over
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:37 pm 

The world is a better place that I went to bed that night when I did.