The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: NYRA belmont Stakes Site
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:18 am 

Geez nothing changed there . Went to site and disagreed with Andy by Stating that its Easy to pick One Horse to Lose in an 8 Horse Field . The Key is Picking one to WIN . I think Dunkirk is the Horse to Beat . This Colt has Tons of Talent and if Todd Got Him a bit More mature and Less Green , He may be Able to lay Just off the Pace and Win Going Away .

Of Course leaving this comment , I had to Post Name and E-Mail and they are Supposed to Confirm and Send You a Password

Any Such E-Mail and Password Sent to ole Yorker Not On Your Life

See NYRA is only interested in fans and Comments from Folks who Like Them and Agree / Cowtow them . Dissenting Fans Must post Elsewhere Like This Wonderful Site

And they Wonder why so many Don't stand behind Them ?????

Generally if you can't handle Criticizm You Don't belong in Public Relations

Nuff Said

Dunkirt Fer Me , Who do you like and Why ??

Post subject: Re: NYRA belmont Stakes Site
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:18 am 

This is completely unfair and untrue.

First of all, I said in one of my earlier blogs that I liked Dunkirk.

Second of all, I make picks for every race every racing day so suggesting I don't pick horses to win is laughable.

Third of all, people post on my blog all the time, so apparently you are the only one that seems to be having problems getting your comments posted. We have not received one complaint that people couldn't post, and given that I gave out my NYRA e-mail, I imagine I would have heard if there was a problem.

Fourth of all, there are plenty of posts that disagree with my opinions and anyone that reads the comments knows this.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:43 am 

Have to agree with Andy here. Also, making picks each and every race must be very difficult. Having to make a selection even though there are no standouts, which you like, makes for easy critsism after the race is run. As for Dunkirk, certainly a talented horse, not sure Florida Derby numbers are as good as originally thought but horse does hav upside and breeding on his side. Pletcher does well in the Belmont. His horses seem to always show up with a nice effort. Losing horses in the Derby, then skipping Preakness and running the fresh horse in the Belmont seems to be the best rout to take the the winners circle. Unfortunately, for Dunkirk fans, early overseas betting, which are a nice leading indicator, show horse is being bet. Odds showing, as of right now, at around 4-1. Shaping up to be a nice race as long as Charitable Man doesn't loaf on the lead and leave them all in his dust. Much handicapping left to be done. Best of luck to all.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:48 am 

Can't really make a call until the draw today, but I've been high on Charitable Man since his Peter Pan run. A definite horse for the course and has the tactical speed to control things on the front end. If you get 3-1 on him, it will be a good price.

Dunkirk will most likely go off in the 4-1 range I would think and be the third choice. Not sure how I feel about him, didn't like him coming into the Derby and he had an excuse for his performance. I also liked Chocolate Candy in the Derby, and he could improve as well.

I think it has the makings of a very good horse race, and not some also ran consolation prize as some are saying.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:41 am 

Quote:
Who do you like and Why

I'm going for a longer price in this spot. I like Summer Bird to win this race. I liked him to hit the board at the Derby based on a pretty good effort in the Arkansas Derby. While he didnt exactly do much running in the Derby, he looked to be improving heading into that race. I think the time off will do this horse well and jockey change doesnt hurt. Im guessing, just a hunch, that the horse will like the track and seems like breeding makes the distance possible.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:47 pm 

Mr. Hot Stuff surprizes many Saturday. Fresh horse flesh, who Prado says, can I ride your horse please. Win/all/all :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:21 pm 

blackthroatedwind wrote:
This is completely unfair and untrue.

First of all, I said in one of my earlier blogs that I liked Dunkirk.

Second of all, I make picks for every race every racing day so suggesting I don't pick horses to win is laughable.

Third of all, people post on my blog all the time, so apparently you are the only one that seems to be having problems getting your comments posted. We have not received one complaint that people couldn't post, and given that I gave out my NYRA e-mail, I imagine I would have heard if there was a problem.

Fourth of all, there are plenty of posts that disagree with my opinions and anyone that reads the comments knows this.

Ok Andy

Lets Cut throuigh the Dribble

I give You the Benefit of Doubt and Just make a Comment that is Pretty True . The Odds in a Multi Horse Field to point out a Loser are Much Easier than Picking a Winner . If You had done Both No Issue. Really You do a Good Job but Tell us Why we Should Bet Someone . It Helps a Lot more than Telling Us who You Shouldn't Bet .

Now to the NYRA Site . I spent Time Posting About Dunkirk and DID Exactly what the Site said to Do . Give E-Mail , Register and an E-Mail would be sent allowing Posts to Be Responded To

Took the Time to fill it out , took the Time to Send in the Info. Got No E-Mail , No Input so Wasted My Time .

If you havn't gotten a response before it may be that folks just moved on when it didn't work .

believe Me it is not about You , its about NYRA

Someone Else needs to try and load a response and if it doesn't work maybe you will get off the defensive and check it Out ??

Sorry that I was not surprised that it didn't work

Somehow if I CowTowed and Did the Adore NYRA Response , It probably would Be Up

I hope I am Wrong . It is Good to Have a BLOG Open to all responses .

Lets Not Psycho Babble Reasons , Just see if it can be fixed .

Yorker

Yorker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:05 am 

Yorker, whether you choose to believe it or not, content of the posts is not monitored. The only problem you could run into is if you used profanity in your post, as the program that generates your confirmation/post e-mail is designed only to stop that. Your opinions cannot be, and are not, monitored. Believe whatever makes you happy.....but this is the simple truth.

I give detailed analysis of how I come to my opinions on a daily basis, both before the card, and between the races. I have filled my blog with detailed discussions and analyses of the horses in the Belmont Stakes as well as the prior TC races. All of this is easily self-evident.

Have a wonderful day and thank you for your constructive thoughts.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:15 am 

blackthroatedwind wrote:
Yorker, whether you choose to believe it or not, content of the posts is not monitored. The only problem you could run into is if you used profanity in your post, as the program that generates your confirmation/post e-mail is designed only to stop that. Your opinions cannot be, and are not, monitored. Believe whatever makes you happy.....but this is the simple truth.

I give detailed analysis of how I come to my opinions on a daily basis, both before the card, and between the races. I have filled my blog with detailed discussions and analyses of the horses in the Belmont Stakes as well as the prior TC races. All of this is easily self-evident.

Have a wonderful day and thank you for your constructive thoughts.

No Profanity Andy

Don't think you will ever Find a Post that I used Profanity . I just Disagreed . Maybe the Filter is set to Boot Posts that Disagree . Again Hopefully Someone Else that is New tries Posting to Your BLOG . I would Want to Know For Sure if I post that Others, Both Agreeing and Opposing Views, are able to Discuss .

Do you Know FOR SURE that the New Person Posting is Working ???

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:35 am 

Yorker wrote:

No Profanity Andy

Don't think you will ever Find a Post that I used Profanity . I just Disagreed . Maybe the Filter is set to Boot Posts that Disagree . Again Hopefully Someone Else that is New tries Posting to Your BLOG . I would Want to Know For Sure if I post that Others, Both Agreeing and Opposing Views, are able to Discuss .

Do you Know FOR SURE that the New Person Posting is Working ???

You aren't listening.....no " person " is " posting " the comments. It is all computer generated, and as anyone that takes the time to look can see, plenty of people have posted and more than a few of them disagree with me.