The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:57 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Gulfstream opening day
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:13 pm 

Location: The middle of SOMEWHERE or Wisconsin as it's known to the rest of the world
Nice full cards, 3 turf races - what's not to like!
Pletcher's running Quality Road and Harlem Rocker in the feature and the only possible competition for these 2 could be the Chief's runner Le Grand Cru. All this and a .50 late P4, nice weather and dirt instead of synthetic :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Gulfstream opening day
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:41 am 

Gulf offers nice weather and little else..Frank has driven the place into the ground and the industry woes have not helped either. I was in S Fla last week and the funiiest thing I heard was a complaint from a resident that lamented the lines for their favorite Chinese restaurant would be a little longer now that the "damn" track is open...I am a one time big fan of S Fla racing and would spend as much time as possible in both Hialeah and G Stream..I think I was at Calder once prior to the turn of the century (on spring break as a teen) Today it doesn't seem to matter same old stock comprises most of the cards and Palm Meadows doubles as a comeptitor for quality looking to turnout..A crying shame.

Post subject: Re: Gulfstream opening day
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:50 am 

Wonder what Travis is thinking Now that He is Working for Frank .

Bet a Different Tune will be Humming or No Tune at All .

I Went at Least 1/2 Dozen times to Gulfstream Last Year . Honestly I'm Getting used to the Joint . Racing is Fine and Competitive . Grounds are Cramped but Fine . I can get Lost in the RaceBook . Good Barbecue , Free In EveryDay and No Friggin Ice on the Racetrack

Yup the Entrepenuers are Struggling but the Noose is only Hung Loose

Look At NYRA for the Example of the Noose Being Tight and the Chair about to be kicked Out . The Crooks and Con Artists Bilking the Public to Line their own Pockets is about to End . Where Else do you see the Top Exec making 300K plus Kickbacks , Not a Winning Program in a Decade and Whines Daily About the People that Pay his Salaray . AND He Still has a Job !!!

We been at this Chat for What 8 Years ?? We seen lots Of Talk About NYRA , Little Action

Time To quit Pointing Out others Faults and Figure Out How We all Can Meet at the Belmont Stakes 2011 At the Meadowlands