It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:32 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Contessa has the Derby Fever
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:13 am 

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... y-prospect

Post subject: Re: Contessa has the Derby Fever
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:59 am 

Sorry Mama But we already know this Guys M O . Sell to the Highest Bidder !! Remember Peace Rules ?? He said the Same then .

If the Colt Flops He Will Be Stuck . If he smells 1/2 Million Sell Sell Sell Cheeesestake Time.

Funny he keeps this guy in the Frozen Tundra and Ive seen His Name on Babies in Florida ???

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:31 am 

He is keeping him in NY for one major reason..Graded Stake earnings. This colt is a freak and loves the inner ring of death. I doubt Contessa sells em. He lucked out for a 100g's he could sell the colt for 7 figures right now and has turned down two offers.Come March if he is riding a 3 race win streak there will be even better offers not to mention major preps looking for him to come..a 105 Beyer and a finish time 3 seconds faster than any other sprint..If not the Derby than there will be plenty of other shorter options...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:51 pm 

Contessa is a smart guy. He will do whats best.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:00 am 

He also has the fever for the flavor of the Pringle.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:25 am 

Just So Long as He Don't Decide to Ride Him like The Chief did . Enough BowBacks Out There

How Many Times did I see a Colt that Looked Like 3 Wins in a Row will be a Cinch and Never Win Another .

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:27 am 

Yorker wrote:
Just So Long as He Don't Decide to Ride Him like The Chief did . Enough BowBacks Out There

How Many Times did I see a Colt that Looked Like 3 Wins in a Row will be a Cinch and Never Win Another .

Big Difference Patching Up 3 Legged Claimers and Playing In The Big Boys League . Gary Great at Low Enders . Shaky at Best with Graded Stakes .

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:52 am 

I am not a big fan of Gary training A stock not because he can't but because he doesn't on a regular basis..The day to day he will be fine at...the 2% Admin /transport/scheduling the stuff that top outfits have excelled at for campaign after campaign is the piece he will struggle with. Gary is a quality horsemen as good as Baffert anyday..Baffert is Superior in the part that matters and that is winning and planning his wins..that should open up the thread to some!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:50 am 

lukeydog wrote:
I am not a big fan of Gary training A stock not because he can't but because he doesn't on a regular basis..The day to day he will be fine at...the 2% Admin /transport/scheduling the stuff that top outfits have excelled at for campaign after campaign is the piece he will struggle with. Gary is a quality horsemen as good as Baffert anyday..Baffert is Superior in the part that matters and that is winning and planning his wins..that should open up the thread to some!

Dog You Got it Exactly Right

My Old Trainer , Jerry Hollendorfer , Could Run Circles around a Lot of the Big Boys if it was just about talent .

I Really Do Think Guys Like Gary have the Talent , Its Just that They Learned a Different Game when Your in a Barn like He has Had for Decades

The Business and Talent Bunch Sit In the Big Boys Barns often for Decades Learing How to Run The Business .