The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 3:57 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Penn National Jockey Walk-out
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:21 pm 

Seems there was a breakdown last week after crossing the finish line. All the jockeys went into the jockeys room and took a vote to boycott any and all races with a horse entered under owner Michael Gill's name. The next day they took another vote concerning the same owner. The only YES vote, not to boycott, was by the rider assigned to ride Gill's horse! I heard the report about this situation on TVG Radio Saturday morning. They didn't have anything good to say about Gill, only that he doesn't treat his horses well. I don't know how this stands as of today.

Post subject: Re: Penn National Jockey Walk-out
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:14 am 

Location: The middle of SOMEWHERE or Wisconsin as it's known to the rest of the world
Gill and Paragallo are cut from the same cloth :evil: The only difference is Ernie's dumber :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:57 am 

So now Guilt By Jockey Judge Vote

Seems To Me that these Guys are on the Backside Every Day and Know and See All the Dirt Up Close . Not a One of Them will Stand up and be Particular ? probably reality is They Know They Would have to come Clean on The Other Owners and Trainers .

Hey Folks REALITY is that its Not Ever a Pretty Site on the Backside when Bottom Rung Claimers are involved . It Don't take a Genius to Figure Out that They are Patching and Drugging and Stitching $3500 Claimers to Get them to the track. A I said Often , The Bute Looks Like a Savior 24 Hours after a Race .

Answer Is Simple , Jocks Ride No Horses you deem Unsafe . Bring Forward Honest Serious Issue and Let the Stweards Take it from There .

Saw 2 or 3 Major Accidents at Aqueduct this Last week . Are Jocks Boycotting in NY ?

Rumor Mill at work once again . With The Mountain Cut Back I guess the CREW figures to Badmouth Penn in Hopes that they send the Nags to NY ? They All Coudn't clear the TestBarrn . Most Bottoms Can't .

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:49 am 

I remember reading a story almost a half century ago about a bottom claimer at Jamaica Park from before my time. Ed Arcaro got him home for the trainer/owner that slept in the barn with his only horse. Nobody would go near the horse when he got off the turn after a 49+ half in a sprint.

Maury Allen wrote it up years later in the New York Post. In the jocks' room Arcaro told everybody that this day was this horse's day, that his owner and trainer was busted, and that he would appreciate it if everybody let this horse go on to set a new track record for 6 fulongs in something like 1:16, only 7 or 8 seconds off the real record.

Arcaro sat out a year for not ratting out a fixed race in New York during WWII. He crashed a rider into the fence and belted him with his stick. In front of the stewards, Arcaro admitted that "I tried to kill the sunuvabitch" but would never say who worked the fixed race with him.