The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 7:22 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Re: The Marty Memorial Race
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:45 am 

Yorker wrote:
Send the Money Direct To Marty's Widow . I'm not in for a Dime that goes to NYRA on Belmont Opening Day . May Not Be an Opening Day . $500 To Nyra gets a Silver Ring , An Announcement and Maybe $25 To Mrs Marty ?? WOW

Have Your Wife do a Picture of Marty at the Rail With Friends as Horses Go By , Have it Signed By Friends and Sent with a Check . Something that She Remembers Forever .

Anybody Ever see Marty's Wife at the Track ? Didn't Think so

Never seen you there either Yorker, does that mean your not a fan?

Post subject: Re: The Marty Memorial Race
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:43 am 

Jack wrote:
Yorker wrote:
Send the Money Direct To Marty's Widow . I'm not in for a Dime that goes to NYRA on Belmont Opening Day . May Not Be an Opening Day . $500 To Nyra gets a Silver Ring , An Announcement and Maybe $25 To Mrs Marty ?? WOW

Have Your Wife do a Picture of Marty at the Rail With Friends as Horses Go By , Have it Signed By Friends and Sent with a Check . Something that She Remembers Forever .

Anybody Ever see Marty's Wife at the Track ? Didn't Think so

Never seen you there either Yorker, does that mean your not a fan?

DUH Jack Tough to Head out for the Day when your 1500 Miles away . I'd Guess that Even 1500 Miles away I still have more days trackside than Mrs Marty . As usual I can see that I am Wayyyy over Your Head on this one .

Hey Maybe You can Get Sufferin Downs to Pay Ya a Little Welfare for NY Boats when NYRA Goes Bankruptaduct Or Just Ship Em to Penn National as in the Old Days . Not Too Worry , For Boat Special Purposes FINGERLAKES . Look at THOSE HUGE Fingerlakes Purses with all the Slot Mommas Pouring to the Track .

Post subject: Re: ....................
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:51 am 

Hey Yorker, I've been quiet lately, but couldn't let this one get by me. I'm a Red Sox fan too, but that didn't stop me from donating money for a fellow horseracing fan, Marty. NYRA doesn't give a rats ass about a $300. memorial race. If you don't want to give, fine. Just don't use any lame excuses why you didn't. I've been reading your posts for over 10 years now, I'd really be surprised if you donated to ANYTHING![/quote]

Oh I donate a LOT to Racetracks Jack . Generally at the Windows . If I and other Horseplayers didn't Donate 10-25% of our Bet and Possible Winnings VIG . You and I would of Never Held a Conversation 10 Years Ago or Today . Win or Lose Players Pay the Freight

What I don't Donate too is an Organization that Would Swipe Money from Loyal Fans to Honor A Lifetime Horseplayer Like Marty . NO Money is Appropriate t6o NYRA

I guess you just don't get it Jack , So Whats New ??

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:34 am 

yorkers just jealous nobody will donate a race for him when he dies, unreal sully

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:40 am 

Nah Shammy

My Friends will spend a lot More than $300 on some Fine Irish Wiskey and a Big Party

I won't be losing Sleep over It

In Fact I will Be Totally Asleep LOL