It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 7:31 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Re: The Marty Memorial Race
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:51 am 

Jeebs wrote:
Yorker,

I rest my case.

Whats The Case ??? The Raising of Money just started here and as you know I'm not Priveledged to be on your other Site.

I hold the Highest Respect for Marty

I hold the Lowest of Respect for NYRA. You would think that a Lifetime Fan, Player and Attendee like Kel could get a Memorial Race Named without them Charging $300 . They Print a Program Anyway . I have Had Many a Friend given the Honor after Passing . I can see these NYRA Cheesers Getting Bucks for a Birthday Bash Race But To Clip Fans for a Long Term Patron ?

As Usual I hear nothing From you until you Feel a Need to Correct Me , What a Surprise Tim . Quit Reading so much between the Lines.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:08 am 

You got me there, Yorker. We all have different ways and means of remembering and celebrating the dead. I understand that you will remember Marty in your own way, and I respect your position against what you feel is a monetary ripoff. But don't twist the story and proclaim that what my board has chosen to do is self-serving and not about Marty's memory.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:08 pm 

I can say for certainty my mother wouldnt go to the track at all. But If pop and I are passed I would still think it would be a good gesture. As if it was pop or me gone the other would go. Is all bout what the group wants. I think its a great gesture and should be held every year on opening day for Marty and who ever follows into the great beyond. What better way to honor the fellow horse players from the board who have moved on.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:47 pm 

I agree with Yorker's premise the money could be better not in the hands of his hated NYRA,,now that Floyd Flake and his cronies are getting their fair share I am closer to Yorker and his NYRA hatred..The only tip here is that Marty was a guy who took care of his family. I am sure his wife wants for nothing. This is not about a 300.00 bill for groceries it is about a nice suprise from left field that a group of people remembered a guy who stopped breathing months ago. The guy she loved and the guy his kids called dad. Count me in for 50.00.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:47 pm 

oh and if Yorker beats me to boothill I am staking a hundred on his race!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:17 pm 

lukeydog wrote:
oh and if Yorker beats me to boothill I am staking a hundred on his race!

Thats Nice of You DOG , But it would be at Santa Anita or Golden Gate . No need for the Fifty , They Don't charge for a memorial , its done by Request , not Money.

My Wife knows the Rules , When I croak , Tell No One for 2 Weeks , Give my Body to the Navy for Tossing Overboard , Then Throw the Biggest Possible Party / Wake Available .

Irishmen Generally Want a Party when they Lose a Buddy , I'm no different .

Give money to NYRA Cronies ?? That Will Never Happen .

Post subject: Re: ....................
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:43 am 

There will probably be a board meeting of some sort on Belmonts opening day. What a nice tribute to a member who has passed. The money for the race was covered a long time before Will proposed anything here, I think he just wanted to make sure that anyone who wished had the chance to contribute.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:41 pm 

Mr Saratoga wrote:
There will probably be a board meeting of some sort on Belmonts opening day. What a nice tribute to a member who has passed. The money for the race was covered a long time before Will proposed anything here, I think he just wanted to make sure that anyone who wished had the chance to contribute.

That is of course the case. But naturally this asshole can't help but piss in everyones cheerios because he has a bug up his ass. I just don't understand how the simple point seems to fly over his head.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:28 am 

TheFlagIsUp wrote:
Mr Saratoga wrote:

That is of course the case. But naturally this asshole can't help but piss in everyones cheerios because he has a bug up his ass. I just don't understand how the simple point seems to fly over his head.

Maybe Because I'm a Red Sox Fan Flaggy LOL

No Bugs in My Ass , Im not the Ones Getting Uptight Swearing and Cussing . Maybe you need to see the Proctologist ???

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:27 pm 

Yorker wrote:
TheFlagIsUp wrote:
Mr Saratoga wrote:

Maybe Because I'm a Red Sox Fan Flaggy LOL

No Bugs in My Ass , Im not the Ones Getting Uptight Swearing and Cussing . Maybe you need to see the Proctologist ???

Hey Yorker, I've been quiet lately, but couldn't let this one get by me. I'm a Red Sox fan too, but that didn't stop me from donating money for a fellow horseracing fan, Marty. NYRA doesn't give a rats ass about a $300. memorial race. If you don't want to give, fine. Just don't use any lame excuses why you didn't. I've been reading your posts for over 10 years now, I'd really be surprised if you donated to ANYTHING!