The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:51 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Canceled again
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:43 pm 

Location: The middle of SOMEWHERE or Wisconsin as it's known to the rest of the world
The dump trucks are pulling up as I speak. :roll:
http://www.drf.com/news/article/110631.html

Post subject: Re: Canceled again
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:45 pm 

Hey Who Knows .by the End of the Season they may have more Days Canceled than Bankruptaduct for Weather YA Think ???

3 inches of rain overnight in LA is equivalant to 2 Feet of Snow falling overnight in NY. Cars are Flooded out in Parking Lots

Why Is it that NY Folks got to Trash racing Everywhere else to Justify NYRA Existance .

I love Racing EVERYWHERE . Suffolk Downs , Tampa Bay Downs , Aqueduct , Santa Anita Are ALL good days to Me .

Problems and Griping just Kill the Industry Don't Improve It

I remember all the Pretty Pony posters in here that Were Concerned about Breakdowns on track . how Quick we Forget that INTENT of synthetics was to Save horses !!! Guess That Effort Don't Matter unless its done in NY !!! Note the Aqueduct breakdowns lately ??

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:18 pm 

Location: The middle of SOMEWHERE or Wisconsin as it's known to the rest of the world
Yorker
I'm referring to the change of surface from synthetic back to dirt and I see it as a positive move.
I'm not from NY and the only trash here is you talking :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:56 am 

arrow wrote:
Yorker
I'm referring to the change of surface from synthetic back to dirt and I see it as a positive move.
I'm not from NY and the only trash here is you talking :lol:

Won't Be So Positive if Horses Start Breaking Down as in the Past Arrow .

So Your For More Breakdowns ?

The Studies Still Show Synthetics Have Less Fatal Injuries

Sorry I guess the Eyes Rollig :roll: Was a Slip of Your Finger

Why Can't you Just Say You were Slamming Santa Anita instead of Doubletalk ??

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:30 am 

Statistics can be manipulated to support whatever viewpoint is popular. You can relate to that right Yorker?
If a track isn't properly maintained, if a horse isn't sound enough to be running, inbreeding for speed rather than soundness and stamina all are reasons for breakdowns. If they had put 1/2 the money they spent on Pro-ride or any other rubber ramp into maintaining and improving the original dirt surface the breakdown rate would have shown the same or better improvement.

If dirt tracks are so unsafe why is it that Saratoga has one of the lowest breakdown rates?
The point is synthetics aren't a cure-all and they certainly aren't working at Santa Anita!

Even the Jockeys are starting to question it's safety :!: But what would they know right?

http://www.jockeysguild.com/news/2009/12/jockeysblamenewsynthetictrackforarlingtonparkinjuries.html
OOPs my finger slipped again :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:54 am 

Yorker wrote:
Why Is it that NY Folks got to Trash racing Everywhere else to Justify NYRA Existance .

Yorker, I love ya. you do spice up things around here but you're kidding right? you roll out of bed slamming NYRA for any and everything. :D :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:13 pm 

Yorker my friend, California f'ed up when they put the rubber sh!t in. Now they are paying. Is all good and I cant wait for the Dirt to return. Experiment gone wrong. Next. We all know your hatred for NYRA and Mine for Uncle Frank. Lets get a winner and find it on Dirt or grass. Not rubber or wax.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:35 pm 

What Folks Fail to Remember is that the CHRB Mandated Synthetics by Jan 2009 . That is Why Bay Meadows Closed . the Intent was based on Numbers Showing that Synthetic Surfaces Saved Lives. Hell Santa Anita, Hollywood and Del Mar Climated Didn't need Synthetic Tracks. They Been Running nonstop without it for 100 years . It Wasn't the Owners of the Tracks that wanted this , It was the Horseman .

My Point is RACING has a Lot of issues . Age of Patrons , Purses , Horses , Jock Safety . If An Entrepenuer looks at a Change [ Like Gulfstream ] They Get Trashed in NY , If A State Looks To Change a Surface to Save Horses They Get Trashed in NY . Trust Me NY has its own nightmares to deal with and Any Finger Pointing at other Programs is not going to Fix.

The Idea that Badmouthing The Rest of the industry will make NYRA look better is a bunch of HogWash . Most of us Lifetime Fans know the REAL DEAL . The Real Deal is NY Racing is in Deep trouble , Is No where close to the Quality and product is once was. It will take a Major Change in Operations to Survive. Putting Fat Slot Mommas in place only Bandaids the Situation.

NYB Mdn 15,000 Claiming Races on Saturday's and Sunday,s . You Really think this is the Best Racing in America ???

NY has Given up on Racing.

I rest my case .

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:24 am 

Yorker it never ceases to amaze how you are able to turn any thread, no matter what the topic, into a NYRA bash. Oops I did it again :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:21 am 

arrow wrote:
Yorker it never ceases to amaze how you are able to turn any thread, no matter what the topic, into a NYRA bash. Oops I did it again :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Somebody Got to Wake Up the Public !!! This Board would haved died years ago without a few pot Storers . All would have Abandoned to the Lets All Get Along , Lassies Daddy Racing Post .

Never Will Get Boring Too long if I'm Alive .