The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:03 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Aqueduct Slots Winner Was Dead Last With Proposal
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:53 am 

Slots at Aqueduct after 9 years? Sure, when pigs can fly. Somebody better be going to jail over this corrupt deal.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/aque ... 9wD2DL7zdM

Post subject: Re: Aqueduct Slots Winner Was Dead Last With Proposal
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:21 pm 

The New York papers are loaded with articles and editorials detailing the scam that went into selecting AEG as the "Aqueduct Slots Winner". The Feds are interviewing the losing bidders and the state is not exactly forthcoming in how the decision was made. Today's New York Daily News editorial is just the latest blast:

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/201 ... iding.html

Who stands to take this in the neck? It's going to be the New York Racing Association who now finds itself in the middle of a corrupt slots deal that it had absolutely nothing to do with. NYRA is soon to be broke, the state is already broke, and the blind accidental governor is no longer even trusted by the people to take a leak without peeing on his feet.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:36 pm 

They should legalize prostitution and cut 10% for NYRA. We would be rolling in dough.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:21 am 

1/4 Pole wrote:
The New York papers are loaded with articles and editorials detailing the scam that went into selecting AEG as the "Aqueduct Slots Winner". The Feds are interviewing the losing bidders and the state is not exactly forthcoming in how the decision was made. Today's New York Daily News editorial is just the lastest blast:

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/201 ... iding.html

Who stands to take this in the neck? It's going to be the New York Racing Association who now finds itself in the middle of a corrupt slots deal that it had absolutely nothing to do with. NYRA is soon to be broke, the state is already broke, and the blind accidental governor is no longer even trusted by the people to take a leak without peeing on his feet.

He is worse than that.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/19/nyreg ... on.html?hp

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:15 pm 

I read the entire Times article, Wooley, and found it to be in line with the way the majority of New Yorkers feel.

The state is so broke with the handouts to special interests it may not issue tax refunds on time according to Newsday. It's going to grab the people's money as a tax-free loan and leave them in a lurch. And state parks are going to be closed with an $8 BILLION hole in a budget that doesn't even kick in until April 1st.

Welfare recipients, who got a 10% boost in 2009, are on track for another 5% "raise" in 2010. The unions and politically-connected non profits will be funded with ever more boosts in benefits and handouts. Tax receipts are not meeting the bloated expectations but that's normal for a lefty Lib tax-and-spend government (see also Obamaland in Washington, D.C.).

And NYRA's looking for another $30 million handout "until the slots come on-line". Good luck with that one.

The year 2010 is going to be one hell of a ride for the residents of the once-great state of New York.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:30 pm 

Thank god I don't have to pay State tax anymore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:50 pm 

oldguy wrote:

I'm still trying to figure out how millions of people who pay no taxes get federal "tax refund" checks.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:55 pm 

1/4 Pole wrote:
oldguy wrote:

I'm still trying to figure out how millions of people who pay no taxes get federal "tax refund" checks.

I pay fed, but no State. Plus I got a 6,500 rebate on the new pad. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:53 pm 

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/jay_ ... snkW4XAqJN

Now, don't y'all know the blind governor wishes he could SEE what's standing beside him in this photo. To me, she's gorgeous. And I didn't know JayZ had a piece of the BigA deal awarded to this stellar group you guys have been questioning.