All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Dark for Saturday too
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:32 pm 

http://www.drf.com/news/article/111076.html

Aqueduct | Posted 2/26/2010, 1:22 pm

Aqueduct cancels Saturday, too
By David Grening
Aqueduct has canceled Saturday's 10-race program due to the winter storm that has dropped more than a foot of snow on the New York metropolitan area. The track will be open for simulcasting on Saturday.

Aqueduct had already canceled Friday's nine-race card and the facility was to remain closed, meaning no simulcasting.

The racing office will not take entries on Friday for Wednesday, and instead will take double entries Saturday for next Wednesday and Thursday.

The $65,000 Stymie Stakes, scheduled for Saturday, has been moved to March 7. It will be re-drawn on Thursday.

Aqueduct has now canceled six full cards this winter and lost six races of another card.

* Penn National canceled Friday night's program because of the storm.

Post subject: Re: Dark for Saturday too
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:44 pm 

I'll have to go hunting for some Saturday action. I was hoping the Big A would go but I suppose it got hammered. You have to move that snow, not just churn it into the track or it'll freeze and/or become a swamp for you.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:05 am 

Incredible..Was planning to go to the Ashtray for the first time in over a year with my dad..Planets aligned perfectly..Now I will simply bet simo from the comfort of a plushy chair hoping Zaskar remembers how to finish at G Stream. Bombs away.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:40 pm 

as Arrow has posted in another thread Santa Anita had such a horrible downpour that they've cancelled too for today.

http://drf.com/news/article/111104.html

Santa Anita cancels due to track conditions
By Jay Privman
Santa Anita has canceled its Saturday card, its track unable to sufficiently drain following extensive rain Friday night and Saturday morning.