The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Gloom And Doom Spa News
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:49 am 

I think there will be a Saratoga Meet with many millions of taxpayer dollars or borrowed money handed out to NYRA, I really do. But New York is on the verge of bankruptcy and the entire house of cards is crumbling under a top-to-bottom corrupt legislature and governor.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2010/03 ... atoga.html

Post subject: Re: Gloom And Doom Spa News
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:23 am 

Agreed 150% Pole. Money will be "found" to ensure that racing continues, as it would be an economic and political catastrophe to this area. However, maybe NY needs a "wake-up call" of their big race meets being interrupted by the red tape for NY's racing model to be fixed once and for all. It wouldn't be pretty this summer, but neither would people's responses at the ballot box come November, and the horsemen backlash that would soon to follow.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:29 am 

It's not a handout!! The State owes NYRA the money, and so do the theives from NY OTB. If people payed there bills, NYRA would have the cash flow. I feel bad for the breeders, and workers that closed shop. Handouts are for the lazy who choose not to work. These people work hard everyday, and pay taxes, so give me a break on the handout crap. Save that for the illegals, and the white and black trash who suck the system for every dime they can.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:55 am 

The plain truth, OG, is that NYRA loses money every time a horse steps on the track, and would even if they had the OTB money. It's also a fact that with the award of a new 25-year franchise and the turnover of the tracks to the state, NYRA was forgiven hundreds of millions of dollars owed in back taxes. NYRA survives on handouts no matter how you cut it.

Would anybody think that NYRA makes money after just learning of the slashed stakes and purses for both the upcoming Belmont and Saratoga Meets?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:03 pm 

These people pay taxes to the State, from all over the State, Thousands of workers. The State collects way millions a year from workers at, and around the track. Take that away, and it goes to show you how stupid the State is. Not even counting the million a day they are losing from VLT's. Million a day for 9 years?? Jobs are the way the State rakes in money. Like King George did. Taxes!!!

Show me a person getting handouts that pay taxes?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:14 pm 

How About Hey Hey Heywood to Start the Handout List . This Guy has Done Nothing But Whine for years and Gets a Half a Mill a Year and Expense Account for the Whining . No Innovative Ideas , Just Whine and Threats on " When Will the Slots Come and When is the Next Welfare Check Show Up"

Can I get the Freebie Paycheck Heywood is handed . I can Whine and I'll Pay the Taxes. Heck I will do it for $200,000 No expense Account or Country Club Privileges.

NYRA never Paid A friggin Dime for the Tracks and Robbed Taxpayers by Making Lawsuits [ With Taxpayer Loaned Money ] and Whining about Ownership that They Never Had . Show me a Deed that Ever Had Nyra's Name on It . This Property Always Belonged to the Taxpayers of NY. NY Legislature should of Called their Bluff and Tossed Them out on their Ears . They All Would be in Hong Kong Now Sucking Freebie Deals From the Chinese like Their Predecessor

Fire This Bunch of Nincompoops once and For All , Shut The Place Down for 6 Months , Get Entrepreneurs In and Fools and Politicians OUT . Best thing for NY Racing . Open in Fall with a Decent Plan.

From Top to Bottom , I have Never Seen a Bigger Bunch of incompetent Execs as NYRA . The Best Racing In America has to Fall to Finger Pointers, Whiners and Political Hacks . CLEAN EM OUT

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:14 pm 

Yorker wrote:
Show me a Deed that Ever Had Nyra's Name on It .

All the parcels of land upon which the tracks sit had deeds with the Greater New York Association and/or NYRA on them as the owner. The Greater New York Association morphed into NYRA. It was NYRA who sold Jamaica and the Aqueduct parking along Rockaway Turnpike to Home Depot, not the State. The State knew they couldn't go to court to contest ownership. That's how NYRA got another 25 years and hundreds of millions in back taxes erased.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:29 pm 

On a brighter note you New Yorkers can vote most of the crooked ba$tards out of political office in about eight months.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:40 am 

Mr Saratoga wrote:
On a brighter note you New Yorkers can vote most of the crooked ba$tards out of political office in about eight months.

No such luck. You have to be a "paid pol" even to get on a ballot somewhere.

ALBANY — Despite the recession and a state hiring freeze for agencies, the state Senate has added 161 new staff positions, given raises to employees and boosted payroll after last summer's leadership coup, state records show.

http://www.lohud.com/article/20103140374

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:17 am 

Whoever votes incumbents for any state office in November should be held equally responsible for Albany's political dysfunction, and should lose the right to bitch and moan when Albany bureaucracy continues to screw the will of the people.