It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:19 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: rachel sucks bails out
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:28 pm 

rachel wtf another trainer with too too many runners take care of your best

Post subject: Re: rachel sucks bails out
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:50 am 

man all this belly aching sounds like crying over spilled milk by team Rachel. so what she got beat? just show up and run you morons. i just love all the talk of "we'll let her tell us when she's ready" and we want to do right by the horse". Fucking BS. what u want to do is "protect" her image and reputation and not "jeopardize" her place in history. so instead of going to the Apple Blossom we get all this coach speak and bullshit. if u want the glory team rachel when she puts her nose in front then live with the failures too but please don't blow smoke up my ass with all this crap

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:58 am 

WE know the outcome of the Apple Blossom race if RA was running..she'd get beat by Zenyatta. She got beat by Sheriff's B team...no chance against the big Z.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:17 am 

Cheap claimers at Philly and my buddy Frankie Peckerton are the things to root for while Queen Rachel takes a powder.

I honestly never thought I'd see that race happen at Oaklawn. I just feel badly about all the people who made plans to be there.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:22 pm 

Life rarely works out perfectly, and horseracing scenarios almost never work out. Rachel and Zenyatta are both champions, and will hopefully meet someday.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:11 pm 

She is probably a very tired horse..she had a hard campaign and all Jackson did was ship her to another track..what about a turn out at a farm and letting her have a vacation..Zenyatta looks like she is still a monster after a lighter campaign last year with a big win at the end of the year. It's Jackson's ego after Curlin, he needs to be in the spotlight as a major player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:57 pm 

BELMONTLOVER wrote:
Life rarely works out perfectly, and horseracing scenarios almost never work out. Rachel and Zenyatta are both champions, and will hopefully meet someday.

I hope so too, BL. And the life thing can be far more difficult than the horse thing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:10 pm 

Grits, some of the best advice I ever got was this:

"Bad things can happen to you that you cannot control but being home and in bed can keep you away from a lot of bad things, especially after dark."

My Mom told me that more than half a century ago.

I never got arrested for drinking, fighting, or being a menace to society during daylight hours.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:28 pm 

Plus, QP, being home can keep one away from shopping and spending money, which allows one to put more in the bank! :lol: I don't care half as much about clothes, jewelry, furnishings, or other "stuff" as I did years ago. I'm still comfortable in my house, though I may build a smaller one later on--all on one floor, and I don't need a new car. Though, I hope my Avalon (Toyota) does not accelerate on its own and kill me. I love it. Its a beautiful automobile and it serves me well.

I don't need much these days. Nor does BJ as he's gotten older; we go to the beach for vacation, he loves that. I like coming to New York! And I'll like going to Hot Springs. And on these, I have to let go of money. So, there ya go.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:35 pm 

Doing the right thing by a horse means disappointing a ton of people. Mr Jackson ponied up a lot of money for the priviledge of owning RA and has her welfare at the forefront of his decision and for good reason..Fillies and Mares are even tougher than Colts and have all sorts of temperments to be dealt with.

If she is ever to face Zenyatta it will be because the connections feel comfortable in her ability to win not to simply show up and get beat. I sincerely doubt they fear any horse. On her best day she is an amazing racehorse. Sat she was not at her best..She was short she ran timidly and hung when she normally would have blown the other gal away. All this points to NOT running and perhaps NEVER running again.

I was forced to STOP on a 3 yr old colt that was a monster. A colt that could have been anything but one that simply went bad almost overnight. Rather than let him hurt himself or others we said goodbye. He is being gelded and shipped to a safe place to live out the rest of his days..This was in the interest of a colt who told us he could not do it anymore.Maybe RA speaks the same language..