The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:13 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: The New NYRA Show Coast-To-Coast In HD
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:43 pm 

I enjoyed it and I understand that the broadcast is "national" and cannot have a bunch of New York railrats with Brooklyn accents working the show while thinking about the trotter bus to Roosevelt Raceway. I get that.

Who the hell was directing the show when the feature went off and nobody saw it? The wide HD screen at my hovel was loaded up with loads of touts and their losing faces in HD while the ponies were going to the first turn.

Nobody playing a pony needs to miss the break and see the selections from a clusterf&$k of losing touts while a race is going to the first turn.

I understand that Gabby Gaudet is a bright young lady with a degree and sharp horse connections out of Maryland and Florida but Saratoga is going to chew her up as a handicapper until she learns how to 'cap trainers, shippers and bad runners that like the upstate water.

You can stoop in your twenties (I've done it) but beating a card at Saratoga as a TV girlyfluff tout on TV is a different ballgame.

And like I said - I enjoyed the telecast but too many paid losing touts are in the mix. I can lose without them.

Post subject: Re: The New NYRA Show Coast-To-Coast In HD
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:05 pm 

Tom Amoss is a great addition. Its interesting to hear the handicapping ideas of an extremely successful trainer. He is one of the all time "move up off the claim" trainers, lets see how his picks pan out His insight on Fairgrounds and Churchill shippers should be very valuable.. Like one famous trainer said" If I could make money handicapping I wouldn't wake up at 4am 7 days a week".

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:52 pm 

I'd rather see a NY trainer, BL, instead of a Louisiana retread out of TVG in need of a paying gig.

Every live show seems to grab "diversity" to appeal to the masses instead of putting up the local brawlers that know the hometown deal.

Horesfeathers and poppycock!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:57 pm 

We should all cheer up.

Gabby Gobroke will be a professional NYRA tout for the entire meet.