It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:09 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Jason Blewitt reappears on handicapping site
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:45 pm 

marketwisepicks.com

Post subject: Re: Jason Blewitt reappears on handicapping site
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:20 pm 

I enjoyed "Chalk Boy" Jason for his enthusiasm on Talking Horses as a Belmont local out of Floral Park but I'd rather look for numbers in curled cat turds in a litter box than respect his handicapping abilities.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:59 am 

Happy that he found something.....good luck! Jason

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:32 am 

1/4 Pole wrote:
I enjoyed "Chalk Boy" Jason for his enthusiasm on Talking Horses as a Belmont local out of Floral Park but I'd rather look for numbers in curled cat turds in a litter box than respect his handicapping abilities.

Unwarrented? TLG is Serling. Not much better than your oft criticism of "chalk boy" The poster has kept a running tab on TLG(Serling) at Paceadvantage.

From yesterday Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME View Post
TLG with a Gotham TRIPLE TODAY! $14.80, $6.60 and $2.80

Wagered $18, Return of $24.20

73/318, Wagered $636, Return of $479.70

This is the link to TLG's running win/loss for AQU meet as "tracked" by this poster.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/show ... p?t=135083

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:25 pm 

Jason/Andy are paid to give "picks" to those who are too lazy to dope out their own selections. Pure and simple....just like the tip sheets....like they know something we don't?....

I'm good enough at losing my own money BUT I don't begrudge the paper touts and the tv touts their opinions.

We all have them....and we all want to be in the 5% who make money doing this and put in the work.

They're good guys....let em do their job for those who listen.....nitpicking them is mean spirited.

They're friendly like able people just like most of those who go to the track.....
Are they supposed to turn a profit for the public? what standard do you hold them to?
They know the sport and if you took time to sit and have a real talk with either of them you'd enjoy their company.
I do, and have before.....especially Andy......ALWAYS pauses for fans....he'd ask My buddy Steve and I every weekend at Belmont if we had any live ones. He respects others as did Jason on track. They're paid touts.....info....and that's what they give....info. Their style. Lucky enough to get paid for it but they work just about every weekend of the year.....Not me.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:14 pm 

Getting paid to hand out losers is a great job to have.

I can often do that for free with a better batting average than what's on the live feed.

On Talking Horses today Andy gave out four winners with $6.00 being the best price and I tip my on a rough set of races but that Aragona guy was one for nine for $5.20 and must live in a large cardboard box if he's betting what he touts.

I still have no idea why the "professionals" still tout short-priced horses from Canarsie going two turns over the inner. A horse from out there has to be much the best to win through two tight turns while losing ground and they DO win but with the less-than-stellar steeds on the inner groping the inside posts can oftentimes put a thrill into your old jammie bottoms if you're playing from home.

I was along the rail in 1975 when the first race was run over the inner. I was 27 years old and still walk around in the same shoes. The holes in the soles are somewhat larger and the heels are gone but I'm still in action 42 years later.