The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:05 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Shocking trip to Aquedump
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:29 am 

SO yesterday I was in OZ PARK and had a few tickets to cash from Saratoga. I figured with simulcasting it would be easy to simply head in and cash and leave. I walked in and had the very same feeling I have had the last 3 times I have been there which account for the only times I have been there since the Racino opened. Depression. It was a 3rd world country and not a single face I could remember. Granted it was a dark day but what lurked in the track was the bottom of the gambling barrel.
I walked up to a window and was told to go around to the back window they did not have any money to cash the tickets.When I arrived at the sent to window the woman while very nice explained the tickets were more than 10 days old and would require ID and paperwork..Oh and she did not have any money. She called over the boss and he told me to come back in 10 minutes. I had a few IRS tix as well and was told 10 minutes later to come back in 15 minutes when the IRS cashier came in. Completely frustrated I made the decision to NOT cash IRS and simpy cash the tix that fell below the threshold. I was still required to wait and than show ID as well as SS number....The teller was nice told me it is a waste of paper but could do nothing about it. I walked through the racino and saw the end stage of degeneracy. The vacant looks on peoples faces as the busty babes beckoned their last dollars be shoved into their machines...The spouse calling home to let their significant other know they just won a set of beer steins..worth about 6.00. If this is the future of horseracing in NY I will hold onto the memories of yesteryear and bet only on track at Saratoga in the hopes I don't make it long enough to see them do the same thing to the Spa that they have done to the Big A

Post subject: Re: Shocking trip to Aquedump
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:40 am 

You flash me back to Hong Kong Harry's Dice Den down in Sakahachi Alley where the Rolex watches cost five dollars but the women went for only a deuce.

That Aqueduct Racino is where the New York welfare cash makes the U-turn back to Albany.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:43 am 

Larry it was truly a turd world country.

Nobody gives a rats ass about anything the tellers all show up with bagged lunches and hatred in their eyes..What a shame.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:51 am 

The clerks were all Local 3 union folks years ago and even we part-timers for shape-up work on weekends were NYRA employees and licensed by the state.

I'm not sure how Local 3 is going but the last time I showed up for work unlicensed outside contractors that didn't give a shit and were clueless about racing ruled the roost.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:15 pm 

Believe it or not...the Racino is sinking under BAD union contracts left over from the ole days. The food court employees are in for 35.00 an hour.Same with security and bartenders. In some cases they actually make more. The saddest thing of all is even though these employees are making incredible amounts of money for a job they would be paid a third of as close by as the racetrack itself they cant seem to hang on. They don't show up 3x and they are let go...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:47 pm 

i cash my saratoga tix when i go to belmont,never asked for id for non signers

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:40 am 

Apparently a NEW RULE..Any ticket over 10 days old..Just added to the allure of the day. And that was only after they were able to accumulate some money to use to cash the tickets.