It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:33 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Belmont Renovation
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:11 pm 

http://www.horseraceinsider.com/Inside- ... es-in-one/

Post subject: Re: Belmont Renovation
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:51 pm 

I see the end of cheap admission and coolers at Belmont. Will become a corporate shit show like CD. Sad day if you ask me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:06 pm 

Anybody that thinks that the new Islanders arena plus an array of shops and restaurants will lure minions to the racetrack is delusional. Perhaps lights and occasional night racing in the late spring/early summer will attract a following like Churchill's "Downs After Dark" has, but it won't trigger a headwind that will carry over onto the overall product.

The Franchise Oversight Board still has to sign off on NYRA's proposed blueprint. Having just completed renovation at Aqueduct of the main dirt and reconstruction of the inner dirt into a turf course to the tune of millions of dollars, the FOB may scrutinize the fact that NYRA wants to spend more money on winterizing Belmont (new inner dirt track, heat/enclosure for the clubhouse), rendering the Aqueduct improvements a long term waste of money.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:39 am 

Jeebs wrote:
Anybody that thinks that the new Islanders arena plus an array of shops and restaurants will lure minions to the racetrack is delusional. Perhaps lights and occasional night racing in the late spring/early summer will attract a following like Churchill's "Downs After Dark" has, but it won't trigger a headwind that will carry over onto the overall product.

The Franchise Oversight Board still has to sign off on NYRA's proposed blueprint. Having just completed renovation at Aqueduct of the main dirt and reconstruction of the inner dirt into a turf course to the tune of millions of dollars, the FOB may scrutinize the fact that NYRA wants to spend more money on winterizing Belmont (new inner dirt track, heat/enclosure for the clubhouse), rendering the Aqueduct improvements a long term waste of money.

I believe the Aqueduct change was to do summer racing a few years why they redo Belmont and eventually close the Big A. By 2025 I see Aqueduct as a track of the past.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:34 am 

Maybe John, but I think your giving way to much credit to the dumb fucks who are NYRA.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:35 am 

Mr Saratoga wrote:
Maybe John, but I think your giving way to much credit to the dumb fucks who are NYRA.

I prolly am . They could fuck up a wet dream.