The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 7:15 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Belmont Pissoff Rant
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:13 pm 

The most magnificent race track on this planet is racing poorly.

And what do we see every day? We see sprints, one turn miles and a steady diet of bad maidens & Slow Bred gaspers. The magnificent turf courses are puss pool tables for runners that can't go a distance. And don't show up.

OK, I'm 62 and first railratted at Jamaica when I was 10-years-old in 1958 but I remember Belmont putting out cards that had grass racing going a distance every day and cheap claimers and allowance runners going two turns several times a week. I remember starter handicaps and allowance races going 10 and 12 furlongs over the dirt on a shit weekday. Some times there would be carded a race for a mile and 5/8ths and the race would fill.

A cheap 6-furlong turf sprint today will never replace a cheap 12-furlong grass race with a field of 12 from years ago.

I didn't lose a dime today thanks to 1/8 Pole's late P3 score at CD so I'm not sour grapes but New York racing is flying head first into the shitcan.

Post subject: Re: Belmont Pissoff Rant
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:41 pm 

Belmont is officially the Backwater Belmont meet. It is somewhere between the quality of Beulah and Laurel. The racing is so bad that it hurts to watch. Someone please put the game out of its misery and end it. I would rather see it dead than like this.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 9:01 am 

Four more maiden races go on Saturday. I'm amazed NYRA got 7 gallant steeds to try the 9-furlong Dwyer.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:09 am 

As long as anyone can show me a card with this "supposed" quality fields, i'll be quiet but until then please already. Go check Churchhill, Pimlico, Delaware or Hollywood. everyone's cards are filled with maiden claimers or claimers. It's not a NYRA thing it's an industry wide thing but what the hell, it's NYRA's fault. :D :D

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:14 am 

Speaking of Churchill, all the CDI tracks are pulling out of the NTRA as an "economic issue". That's trackspeak for "broke, can't pay the dues".

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... p-for-2010

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:22 am 

Racing at Belmont today: average field size 10, not counting ae's or entrys.There are four races @ a mile-mile, and one eighth. One @seven, one @seven and a half. Plus a nice mix of dirt, and turf. Hollywood has 4 md races, Calder 5, Churchill only has 2, but their feature is a whopping 62,000. The Dwyer is 200,000. Racing is in trouble all around the country, and NY is still better than the rest. Why not show up at the track instead of bashing it.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:34 am 

Today's 4th is a state-bred maiden special with ten entered and 6 AEs. There is no reason why they can't run 12 with 4 AE's like years ago. Or even more. The reason the field sizes are cut is to keep horses in stock for another crap maiden race. This race will be decimated by scratches anyway.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:55 am 

still blame campo for a lot of whats wrong with nyra racing sorry he SUCKS

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 4:36 pm 

late scratch wrote:
still blame campo for a lot of whats wrong with nyra racing sorry he SUCKS

given the existing conditions for horse flesh, what would u do to remedy NYRA"s situation?

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:45 pm 

He created alot of the problems for writing a lot of ny bred races in the first place when he took the job.
he forced any one without ny breds to leave or just feed them and stay.
I over heard some trainers up at Saratoga say with out ny breds you might as well stay home.
All the excuses now with out ny breds nyra could not fill the cards which is TRUE.
He campo writes races with a rubber stamp. same thing over and over 4 or 5 slow breds a day.
7500 claming at New York was unheard before he showed up.

I heard all the b/s poor campo does a good job with what stock is in the barns.
how about writing some 40,000 open claiming and get some out towners to show up.
purses like that are stake races for alot of other tracks. no he takes care of the same crew
day in and day out
thats just my Pissoff Rant.