The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:40 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Re: $1.6 million judgment is a black eye for Chad
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 10:54 pm 

unreal..Where is the outrage from the industry in NY?! Not a mouthpiece worth a damn to explain the machinations? Sad

Post subject: Re: $1.6 million judgment is a black eye for Chad
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 11:26 pm 

oldguy wrote:
The State had made a determination one day to change the H2B visas for the race track. There are 2 types, Agricultural which we always used, and Houly that restaurants or other such business use. They chose to change this on there own and started this investigation on the liberal ideals of free everything campaign. Chad used the same accounting firms as Bobby Frankle. Every employee works on a set of job descriptions and a agreed amount per week. The State determined that was not sufficient enough for them. Example, if you are a Dairy worker, you milk cows Twice a day, 12 hours apart. Farmers don't pay overtime to come back to milk the cows. Yet, the State expects a hot walker, groom should get extra overtime now. It doesn't work like that. The courts now are going over this is problem in our industry. So in the interim, the state just came up with a fine of 8 dollars an hour overtime for 175 employees per week for 3 years. That's what they did. The State is corrupt and now are attempting to ruin a man's reputation who actually pays his employees more than other trainers. That's why they did.

Well I 've just read more about temp visas than I ever thought I would. H2A is agricultural..H2B is Non agricultural. The H2B program, processes and most importantly-wage determination is a small print nightmare for me to read about any further. Hopefully a learned proponent of the industry will clarify the matter in a public forum