The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:09 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Re: Linda Rice license revoked for 3 years
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 4:28 pm 

That clarification makes sense.........as far as two races "not" being drawn on the same day.

I do not know this......but hope someone can clarify:

How much time does the racing office have to be aware of trainers pre-entering a horse in advance for a certain race?

I assumed, and obviously in error, it was up until soon before a draw. I know Stakes are invited, nominated etc in advance, but I have no idea on pre-entry times for $20K claimers.

Post subject: Re: Linda Rice license revoked for 3 years
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:43 pm 

It's in EVERYONE's best interest to fill these races. She was COORDINATING with the racing office via email to fill races. That helps us players bet full fields, helps the track to fill races and helps the trainers operation to run their horses. The spirit of the law was not only followed but it was exceeded! She should be honored for going the extra mile!

Here we have the authorities and corporations touting how every form of authority is being dismantled and police being defunded yet in racing it's always more and more witch hunts and reckless exercise of authority. Look at all the abuses of power in the last few years:

1. Jeff Englehart banned two years for testing positive for marijuana - meanwhile it's sold legally all over the country
2. Little guy Doodnauth Shivmangel fined $200,000 for labor violations driven out of business
3. Linda Rice banned for coordinating with the racing office
4. Baffert Banned for applying a topical medication - the same medication used by fair skinned people for eczema