The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Has NYRA Bets gone BONKERS????
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:02 pm 

As a frequent player of wagering sites handicapping contests, I started playing their free contests a while ago. Not specifically to get rich, but to compete and see if I could hold my own with others...I played the old TVG contests, Capital OTB games religiously and won several time....including NYRA Bets SHOWDOWN of $50 wagering points.( Rules in case of ties, each winner up to 100 was awarded the $50 prize).
Went to play today and games changed to FREE2Play at NYRABets.....remind you this is most likely the largest, most prestigious meet in the USA and handle is very high......Essentially different games call for cold decking a trifecta, superfecta or a DD on specified races.
The prizes are an insult to anyone competing.....Each contest awards either $25 or $50.....but instead of each winner getting a top prize in case of a tie......its basically a "hit it and split it".....
Imagine a 6 horse field, a very predicable trifecta outcome, a $25 prize for the race, hit correctly by 100 contestants and each winning 25 cents.......or 1000 winners each winning 3 cents ( if breakage allows).........wtf?
I called Customer Service to ask if it was correct and the agent was very surprised to read the rules and agree with my interpretation.
Is this supposed to draw bettors?

Post subject: Re: Has NYRA Bets gone BONKERS????
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:42 pm 

Pathetic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:46 pm 

SPAPRO wrote:
As a frequent player of wagering sites handicapping contests, I started playing their free contests a while ago. Not specifically to get rich, but to compete and see if I could hold my own with others...I played the old TVG contests, Capital OTB games religiously and won several time....including NYRA Bets SHOWDOWN of $50 wagering points.( Rules in case of ties, each winner up to 100 was awarded the $50 prize).
Went to play today and games changed to FREE2Play at NYRABets.....remind you this is most likely the largest, most prestigious meet in the USA and handle is very high......Essentially different games call for cold decking a trifecta, superfecta or a DD on specified races.
The prizes are an insult to anyone competing.....Each contest awards either $25 or $50.....but instead of each winner getting a top prize in case of a tie......its basically a "hit it and split it".....
Imagine a 6 horse field, a very predicable trifecta outcome, a $25 prize for the race, hit correctly by 100 contestants and each winning 25 cents.......or 1000 winners each winning 3 cents ( if breakage allows).........wtf?
I called Customer Service to ask if it was correct and the agent was very surprised to read the rules and agree with my interpretation.

It's a free game for novice bettors or individuals with limited means. A way to dip the toes with no risk.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:41 am 

In my opinion.....an utter embarrassment .

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:20 pm 

Best one yet......$25 prize split 37 ways......each credited a whopping, whole 69 cents betting credit.

The Breakage cost NYRA Bets 53 cents.....lol

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:53 am 

A new low today.

Contest is a cold decking of the Superfecta in the 5 horse Diana.......and thats before any scratches......are they nuts?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 2:57 pm 

July 15.....1st race winners.....28 lucky astute players each knocked off a whopping 89 cents.

Im sure that will be a widely spread announcement on the FOX ticker today.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:13 pm 

Today...a great opportunity.....Pick the Trifecta "cold" in the 4 horse Shuvee...and win yourself a whole 5 cents....

Life gets no better than this...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:06 pm 

Samyn wrote:
SPAPRO wrote:

It's a free game for novice bettors or individuals with limited means. A way to dip the toes with no risk.

NYRABets have Live Money Contests for the more sophisticated player.

https://racing.nyrabets.com/contests