The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:18 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Is FOX covering NYRA or not?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:27 am 

This has to be the worst set up ever.

If they cant produce and provide consistent coverage, go back to TVG / Fandual....which I originally welcomed the change from them to FOX...

Post subject: Re: Is FOX covering NYRA or not?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:24 pm 

looks like 2pm-5pm on FS2 today, the NYRA site is down, so I can't confirm

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:12 pm 

SPAPRO wrote:

If they cant produce and provide consistent coverage, go back to TVG / Fandual....which I originally welcomed the change from them to FOX...

Arguably, this is actually one of the biggest overreactions ever. Even on the rare days that we aren't on FOX, we are always on youtube, which most people can or do stream on their televisions, and certainly can on their computers.

We do, both, produce and provide consistent coverage. That doesn't mean it won't get interrupted occasionally. The good news is there is a very viable alternative always available.

I appreciate that the content is this important to you. I also wish we were always available. We come close.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:34 pm 

I may have used the wrong terminology......I should have used contractual agreement instead of set up.....

As far as Youtube or Streaming etc.....which I dont do....I prefer to watch my races on a 60" screen ...and to add insult to injury, Ive seen advertisements stating watch all NYRA races on Fox....??

As far as the between race commentaries and hosts employed...top notch..the best and couldnt ask for better.

( my only wish was there was a ticker to scroll odds and results as if you miss results, you need an alternative and often odds changes are hard to monitor)....just my input.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:36 pm 

blackthroatedwind wrote:
SPAPRO wrote:

Arguably, this is actually one of the biggest overreactions ever. Even on the rare days that we aren't on FOX, we are always on youtube, which most people can or do stream on their televisions, and certainly can on their computers.

We do, both, produce and provide consistent coverage. That doesn't mean it won't get interrupted occasionally. The good news is there is a very viable alternative always available.

I appreciate that the content is this important to you. I also wish we were always available. We come close.

Wouldnt really call it an overreaction.....this seems to surface quite a bit....you turn it on hoping to see NYRA and soccer or college football or car racing shows up.....