It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:38 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Go Go goes west...again
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:10 pm 

http://www.drf.com/news/article/103938.html

Gomez to move back to Southern California
By Steve Andersen
INGLEWOOD, Calif. - Garrett Gomez, who was honored with the Eclipse Award as the nation's leading rider in 2007 and 2008, is returning to Southern California on a full-time basis on June 7, according to his agent, Ron Anderson.

Gomez, who is currently riding in New York, wants to spend more time with his wife and two children, who live in Southern California year-round, Anderson said.

Gomez rode at Santa Anita until the first weekend of April, when he relocated to Keeneland. He has ridden in Kentucky and New York since then, except for the occasional stakes mount in California.

Post subject: Re: Go Go goes west...again
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:12 pm 

Good!!! Dont like the west coast buggers!

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:20 pm 

Every time I was away in service or held somewhere by somebody's police department I always wanted to go home too.

And when I worked out-of-state or up in Canada for big bucks I wanted to be home.

As a retiree I sometimes look at my old bed and cry tears of joy, just knowing that I'm going to crawl into it when the day is done.

Trust me, there is no place like home.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:15 am 

too Bad Old Board Posts are Missing .

This one was PREDICTED by yours Truely and I was called A Slanderous name or Two in the conversation

just Call me Confucius yorker in the Future

If I live in California and want to ride Boats , I go to Disneyland or Snotts Berry farm not NY

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:31 am 

Wow, Yorker, I was once at Knott's Berry Farm. A vendor had a Walther PPK38 on sale for $75. The pistol was a beauty and had the eagle, swastika, and anchor on the receiver - German Navy, WWII.

Those pistols go for thousands today unless you live in New York. The lefty Lib Dem tax-and-spenders do not want New Yorkers to be armed.

I will admit one thing - a Walther pistol fits in your hand like Granpa fit Granma. The Germans have always made good stuff.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:00 am 

Yorker wrote:

This one was PREDICTED by yours Truely and I was called A Slanderous name or Two in the conversation

If I live in California and want to ride Boats , I go to Disneyland or Snotts Berry farm not NY
:roll:

No Ignore here?

Best place for Gomez. He'll be one of three jockeys is a three horse race...every day they race in CA. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:46 pm 

1/4 Pole wrote:
Wow, Yorker, I was once at Knott's Berry Farm. A vendor had a Walther PPK38 on sale for $75. The pistol was a beauty and had the eagle, swastika, and anchor on the receiver - German Navy, WWII.

Those pistols go for thousands today unless you live in New York. The lefty Lib Dem tax-and-spenders do not want New Yorkers to be armed.

I will admit one thing - a Walther pistol fits in your hand like Granpa fit Granma. The Germans have always made good stuff.

This drives me up a wall. I just dont get it. Most reasonable people agree that there should be some restrictions on carrying or possessing certain weapons. By that I mean, no criminal record, no involuntary psychiatric hospitalizations. Perhpas even reasonable people agree that no one really needs cop killer bullets. But why cant I carry a gun if I so desire. I have no criminal record. I shouldnt even have to give a reason. I understand I should have some training and register it and all that. But why do I have to explain why I want one? Even though in truth I dont want one, I just resent being told I can't

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:21 pm 

GoGo just gave me a going away present - he stuck it to me good in race 3. Ouch! So go to California already.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:28 pm 

Will move to texas, and let GoGo go back to the left coast, he hasn't done much here lately anyway. One of the first things I did upon moving to Texas was apply for, and train for my CHL just because I could.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:56 am 

wooley85 wrote:
Yorker wrote:

:roll:

No Ignore here?

Best place for Gomez. He'll be one of three jockeys is a three horse race...every day they race in CA. :mrgreen:

Wooley , just Make believe there is an Ignore and Close Your Eyes . Its all about Concentration and Self Control . Don't have to Read EHHH . i will say Your Blue Jays are My Worry this year .