The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 10:14 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Nassau OTB signal discussion
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:28 pm 

Mike Francesa is moderating a debate on YES between Heyward and an OTB executive, they both sound like 3yo's arguing over a sand shovel. We ain't gonna see Saratoga on Cablevision this summer.

Post subject: Re: Nassau OTB signal discussion
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:45 pm 

That's the only reason I subscribe to the minimum Cable TV - the NYRA signal. It won't be long before I toss it unless an agreement is reached.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:15 pm 

I have Cablevision in Westchester where I live and MSG shows NYRA races for the previous day at 930am the next morning...so I don't feel sorry for anyone deprived of NYRA races by an OTB.

I heard the entire Francesca conversation and no way the Nassau OTB didn't know the NYRA signal was being "pirated" and shown on their OTB channel live. They are the liars.

NYRA, like ALL tracks has only it's signal to sell. Why should the Nassau OTB get the NYRA signal for free when every other outlet pays? The REASON ADW's cannot show the NYRA races live on the net to NY RESIDENTS is becasue the NYSWB has a law dictating that "if the NYRA signal is allowed to NY residents then NYRA residents won't go to the OTB's.

So why should the Nassau OTB's be able to carry the NYRA signal via their cable channel without paying NYRA? And, no one is STOPPED from watching the NYRA races on the Nassau OTB channel and betting via the internet with youbet or twinspires or expressbet...elimiinating the alleged reason for blocking NY residents from seeing NYRA races live on internet ADW's.

If Nassau OTB gets the NYRA signal for free and gets around the betting rule, why should I be deprived of watching NYRA races live on an ADW IF I live in an area w/o an OTB channel and only MSG to see the races a day later.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:32 pm 

This is not about TV. It is about the internet. The OTBs pushed a law into the books that prohibits New York racing to be shown over the internet to NY residents, this is to persuade horseplayers to go to OTB. NYRA can not stream its signal over the internet because of this law. NYRA was forced to pull the live audio link on the website because of this law. While NYRA can not show its own signal Nassau OTB was providing the NYRA feed to OTB customers over the internet. It was a classic move from the corrupt OTB, shut down your competition with a law then nail them. OTB will not out work you but out law you. Why people bet with these corrupt bastards I don't know.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:34 pm 

OTB had to know the streaming video was on their website, it was on for 45 racing dates for gods sakes. The got caught redhanded.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:42 am 

The Right Palms will get Greased . Always Do in NY , Not Too Worry .

Wonder How Many Greased up Personal Perks Ole Hey , Hey Haywood will Rack Up.

I'm in Arkansas and Never Pay a Dime to no one to see a NYRA Feed yet Folks From NY Can't ??? tell Me how this is a Good Thing Again ?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:02 am 

I didn't know Nassau OTB was supplying the live feed even when I was using Nassau on-line to play. I was one of the clowns watching the live NYRA feed on TV. Millie Ball on HRTV is nicer to leer at than Andy (she's prettier and carries better gear) but I miss the NYRA feed terribly.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:32 am 

Yorker wrote:
The Right Palms will get Greased . Always Do in NY , Not Too Worry .

Wonder How Many Greased up Personal Perks Ole Hey , Hey Haywood will Rack Up.

I'm in Arkansas and Never Pay a Dime to no one to see a NYRA Feed yet Folks From NY Can't ??? tell Me how this is a Good Thing Again ?

This is an excellent question. It's almost criminal.