The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Saturday - Race 2
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:30 pm 

Blank Check has the look of a very bad favorite here. Six months ago, he was running against much, much better and was competitive. Now he's at the basement. Gallucio obviously doesn't like something about him since he reclaimed him to drop him so low.

Gentle Edwin has the ability to throw some fast fractions at them, not that his form is all that impressive compared to the rest, but he could be the controlling speed here and offers much better value than the rest of the field

Win 7

Ex 6-7/1-6-7-8

Tri 6-7/1-5-6-7-8

Post subject: Re: Saturday - Race 2
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:44 pm 

BANG!!!

Happy birthday to me!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:47 pm 

:!: Tremendous pick!!!

Arriaga pinch-hitting for his mentor Rudy, who is serving a suspension, and they utilize their go-to rider Cornholio, who has been on a tear.

Congrats - you get some back from yesterday. :)

Hey Keith - I will still urge caution betting David Cohen, who thankfully has few mounts today. Rider, who has been steadfast maintaining his weight in the past, had clearly injested one too many matzoh balls while mending from latest injury. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:08 pm 

How many people had the Banking Holiday/Blank check exacta, which ran 2-3?

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:39 am 

Nice play Keith, and happy birthday!

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:41 am 

suffolk otb wrote:
.....it is refreshing to read that someone believes handicapping is more than hitting the ALL button

:geek: Some punters bet narrow, others prefer to spread. Some are cloistered and back themselves against a wall - with no safety net and zero comfort zone, while others are daring enough to take occasional chances with risk/reward wagers. Still others find a middleground. It's all about style.

Today, in the five-horse Westchester Mile, the two heavily bet co-favorites finished totally out of the money.....how on earth could that have happened in this perect world? :shock: :roll: I was alive in five fat late doubles having utilized the ALL button; none of them came in (one was a gate scratch), but the possible rewards got the juices running - now that was refreshing in my book.

I know one particular bettor here who will often key a single horse in triples and box an entire field behind it. If the key horse wins, sometimes the triple payout isn't worth the investment, but sometimes it pays boxcars. I'm not inclined to this kind of largesse, but I certainly comprehend the risk/reward factor. You're either afraid to get your feet wet, or you make a big splash by jumping into the pool.

I can only gather that your way is the only way. It's difficult to surmise, since the majority of your posts are limited to the off topic forum. I do pray that others here haven't been frightened away from expressing their own style and selections, fearing subsequent criticism - seems like that's the case in this graveyard that once exuded vibrance, but now simulates a hostile environment.

Next......

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 10:37 am 

Great play, Keith. Instead of asking the question "who WILL win?"... you asked yourself "who CAN win?" The latter presents more possibilities, because a lot of runners CAN win... if the race is just right. The question former tends to lead one down the path of common answers (chalk).

KPMats10 wrote:
Blank Check has the look of a very bad favorite here. Six months ago, he was running against much, much better and was competitive. Now he's at the basement. Gallucio obviously doesn't like something about him since he reclaimed him to drop him so low.

Gentle Edwin has the ability to throw some fast fractions at them, not that his form is all that impressive compared to the rest, but he could be the controlling speed here and offers much better value than the rest of the field

Win 7

Ex 6-7/1-6-7-8

Tri 6-7/1-5-6-7-8

Handicapping is my dollar vs. your dollar vs. Keith's dollar vs. Rocket's dollar, etc. The only thing relevant about ALL button, 4x4 kamikaze spreads is that the profit expectation long-term is negative.

suffolk otb wrote:
Great play Keith.....it is refreshing to read that someone believes handicapping is more than hitting the ALL button; or spreading 4 by 4 in two 6 horse fields.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:21 am 

These comments are so stupid. As I walked out of Saratoga meet plus 15,000 last year picking my spots, and tossing in the cash. Play every race, and you're a loser--period. One day I had to wait 20 minutes to get paid, as I drained 4 tellers of all their cash draws. Degenerates lose, players win. Play with scared money and 3rd rate tracks is not my cup of tea. Either is AQU in the winter. Have fun losing. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:15 pm 

I think it's called "inside information".

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:42 pm 

Hopalong wrote:
I think it's called "inside information".

Yes, Stanley Hough e-mailed me the other day to tell me he had a good one, and he did. :lol: :lol: