The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:45 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Re: Saturday - Race 2
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:54 pm 

oldguy wrote:
These comments are so stupid. As I walked out of Saratoga meet plus 15,000 last year picking my spots, and tossing in the cash. Play every race, and you're a loser--period. One day I had to wait 20 minutes to get paid, as I drained 4 tellers of all their cash draws. Degenerates lose, players win. Play with scared money and 3rd rate tracks is not my cup of tea. Either is AQU in the winter. Have fun losing. :lol:

Gee, I had no idea we were loaded up with such bright heavy hitters here. I play the game for entertainment and never look to get rich, just to enjoy a race card as a project in it's entirety a couple of days a week. I learned long ago that bouncing around all day with multiple tracks doesn't work well for me. I can tolerate the hoopla associated with days like Derby Day but a $20 bottom claimer at Philly returns the same dough that a 9/1 Derby winner pays.

It's all a matter of "style" like someone up above mentioned. Friday was a disaster at Belmont but I was alive in all 9 races for multi action so I knew the 'capping wasn't bad although admittedly the matchups mostly reeked.

As far as "3rd rate tracks" are concerned, some seasoned players here (BL and SOTB are just two) will tell you that the small pools will often lay open a plethora of value in the gimmicks. You won't catch a $30 zacta in New York with a 2/1 and zip-to-five running one/two but you will catch that at some of the smaller tracks. The biggest deal I've discovered since pony playing went on-line is that it's a whole lot easier to follow the action with Mr. Tote.

Hey, whatever floats your boat. I've got other interests besides swallowing beer and playing horses and yelling, "Get up *&%$er!" at the TV but when I get involved I'm usually in for the day.

I think I could be diddling Philly or maybe some other 3rd-rate track tomorrow. Sunday is for the Sunday papers cover to cover and today I'm going to work with my Peruvian snail collection.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 1:29 pm 

oldguy wrote:
I walked out of Saratoga meet plus 15,000 last year picking my spots, and tossing in the cash. Play every race, and you're a loser--period.

Be grateful for those "losers" OG ... :lol: Their "dead" money sweetens the pool for you when you do win. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 1:33 pm 

I like to make money, not just toss my money out the window playing Charlietowns speed, chasing a 20.00 pick 3. You can have Sotb and BL's wit, and play all the worst tracks in America, I could care less. When I do Play, I'm not in it for just the beers and laughs, I expect to win and make some cash. When you can make a 20.00 win bet on a 9-1 horse in Charlie town, next blink is 2-1. That's not what I am all about, I can do that at the Racino playing the trots. As long as you can have fun with you close buds Sotb and Bl, drink up.