The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 1:39 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Re: Wednesday Pick 6
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:58 pm 

I sat down and tried to hammer out a ticket. Came to $960. I think it's an impossible play and will focus on playing the pick 4's tomorrow. The early pick 4 has a single in the 3rd with Arena Elvira

For the pick 6 sequence -

Race 4 - The KEE shippers are the ones to beat here I think. Might give an edge to Colossal Gift in this spot as he finally gets a decent post. Clear Attempt will be there to give him a good run down the stretch. On wider tickets, you can make a case for Imaging, Halefellow Wellmet has room to improve second time out and Empiricist has yet to get a decent run on a surface he's bred to just love. For the budget player, I'd single the 3 here

Race 5 - I don't care for the two horses on the inside, who will also be heavily bet and that would probably be my undoing in the sequence. The more I look at Olive Eye, the more it catches my eye. Really not sure about what happened in her last, but she has two very sharp works for this and her race 2 back puts her right in the thick of things here. I like Keep It A Secret off her last, but she has to duplicate it on turf, and she's not shown much in her prior grass running and doesn't have the pedigree to suggest improvement. Stoneridge is fast and fresh, I like those types in these fields who still have room to improve. Fleeting Glance for Mott should be sharp for this one too. If this race gets washed off, I get very high on Keep It A Secret, Kitty Kat's Rockstar and maybe Rose's Turn. On turf, I play 3-4-6-8

Race 6 - Yet another competitive heat. If the track is wet, Able Bellamy steps up big time after his authoritive win on 4/23. If it's sloppy/muddy, he may be a single. On a dry track, I might consider tossing him. Starlantic is training very well, Zone Breaker's pace numbers fit this field very nicely and I love Prince of Danger who is a first time 3YO dropping into NYB's for the first time. Four deep again, 6-7-8-9

Race 7 - Toughest race in the sequence. Downtown Hottie is returning to a level she should appreciate. Love Shack's last was a good one, the place horse dropped a level to get the money in their next start. Mesa Girl could be sitting on a big one, her figures are continually improving since the switch to the turf in the spring. Her last two have seen next out winners in them. A reach at 30-1, but she also fits the pace profile nicely. Talented Princess also gets a play from me, but I think she'll be scratched, she should appreciate the added distance. Chalk Player should also be live in this one. I have five here 1-2-4-6-8

Race 8 - DJ's Revenge could be considered a possible single. This is a big field and that'd be a gutsy move. Ran a good one in last and drops ever so slightly here. Upper Afleet is really the only serious runner I spot in this bunch, though you can make an outside case for Rizzi's Comet. Single the 5, maybe the 11

Race 9 - It would all come down to Vintage Heirloom here for me.

3/3-4-6-8/6-7-8-9/1-2-4-6-8/5/3 = $160

Post subject: Re: Wednesday Belmont Race 4 - Pick 6 Kickoff
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:34 pm 

Yup, the Keeneland shippers COLOSSAL GIFT and CLEAR ATTEMPT appear to be the horses to beat and will take the most action.

But what kind of fun is that?

The lightly-raced Lump EMPIRICIST is by a guy who has turned out to be an OK grass sire, EMPIRE FAKER. This guy figures to get better the farther he goes.

I've been interested in the DYNAFORMER colt IMAGING since his debut race last year at Belmont. This guy has handled some wet turf before and if Shug has him fit he will get the 10 furlongs.

I'd love to make a case for the Mick horse BONDED but that's a tough pull.

And HALEFELLOW WELLMET is a mystery but Motion is a helluva lawn trainer and this son of SKY MESA just lost his castanets. He might just pissed off enough to upset this thing.

I don't see this race as a "gimmee".

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:48 pm 

For the pick 6 sequence, you have to take a stand somewhere. I will be playing the early pick 4 and intend to spread a bit in this one. Empiricist is a very intriguing runner who is bred solidly for the turf, and has six half siblings that have won on the grass. His prior two turf efforts were compromised by bad breaks and bad trips. He could be very live at a very nice price.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:50 pm 

The 2 Chalks look best and will be used much in pk 6.

my wise guy horse here is Toccet's Image.Closed a ton of ground late in a Md 32 at Crc. After being bumped hard at start. Might be coming best of all late and I like the 12-1 ML.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:26 pm 

Clear Attempt is going to be on an easy lead, should be gone before the one run types get going

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:33 pm 

BL is here! I'm going to take off the dress and and makeup and become a man again.

Hey, let's have some fun with this card.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:48 pm 

Here's a rundown:

Bonded - Even if you excuse that off-the-turfer, he showed little ability at the "B" level tracks in England. That's enough for me to toss.

Popplestone - Jack Fisher training means one thing: that this one is destined for a career as a jumper next year. That 5/28 work tab at Fair Hill was a training flat, which was a giant effort. Is bred for the distance, and could be a live longshot.

Colossal Gift - Has knocked on the door, and could be ready to graduate soon. Should appreciate the soft going, and Dominguez seeing fit is always a positive. Will be one of the favorites.

Toccet's Image - Nearly won vs. $32k maidens, but this assignment looks much tougher. Out.

Imaging - Ran respectable efforts on moist turf courses back in '09 as a 2YO, but has failed to find any form since returning to the races this past winter. He's not impossible, but there are others who may take better. Passing.

Halefellow Wellmet - Got the ultimate equipment change since Atlantic City, but 1 1/4m might be too far. Out.

Clear Attempt - Another sophomore knocking on the door, with two tough beats at GP and KEE, the latter being on a soft turf. Should set or track the pace, and will take money.

Empiricist - Overmatched.

Like Keith, I can almost concede this race to Clement and Mott, but Popplestone looks dangerously capable of outrunning his odds, especially if Castro sets the pace and can lull the field to sleep.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:43 pm 

I came up with 3-4-7/2/7-8/8-10/11/11

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:18 pm 

D/D 3-4-7/2-8

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:22 pm 

For $36 and a dream...

Race #4 06/15/2011
Belmont
$2.00 Pick-6