It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Wednesday Belmont Race 5
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:20 am 

8.5fur T 3+yrN Clm 10000n1m Purse= 21000

Post subject: Re: Wednesday Belmont Race 5
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:42 am 

My 1st thought on this race is that the conditions set for this race seem to favor horses who are or have been coming back off of winter vacations, or stuck it out in NY while running on an improper surface. On that thought, I would run away from any of the snowbirds here.

City Sneakers owns a lot of speed, and got some needed conditioning out of that 5/14 sprint. He nearly took them flagfall to finish last out on the stretchout. Should be tight 3rd off the break, and Dominguez sticks. Looks like one of the stronger, more reliable plays on today's card.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:17 pm 

I agree that CITY SNEAKERS could be the one to beat here but DANCE FLOOR MANIAC has a nice turf record and fits in well with this group if Castellano can rate him a bit. He's won dirt to turf before while stepping up and in this one he drops a bit. Scope the tote.

Old timer BON MARIE has been firing nice figs and always gives it his all.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:13 pm 

Does anybody know why DANCE FLOOR MANIAC is racing for purse only? The entrymate was an early scratch. I loved this thing to win here.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:15 pm 

I assume because the 1A didn't scratch until after betting began, so people had their P4's in...and this is what happens when there's a coupled entry. Dumb planning on NYRA's part.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:18 pm 

I don't think so, Stan. The entrymate was up with the early scratches at 11 a.m. But I'm getting old and feeble and sometimes get up in the middle of the night to pee in a closet while looking for my helmet and rifle.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:46 pm 

Even Andy won't tell us the reason for the "purse only" on the live feed and that just pisses me off. We just get an announcement with no explanation. Even dumb-shit snuffy Marine riflemen will go into bad places with a good attitude if they get told told by a good officer or sergeant what's going on.

I'm guessing it's another incompetent program listing by NYRA that has caused this. With no explanation from the NYRA talking heads you have to figure NYRA screwed up again.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:51 pm 

City Sneakers looks like lone speed, Quiet on the Tee should run well for Englehart, 4/9 ex box

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:51 pm 

My ranting is over. I have seen too many NYRA screwups and disregard for the customer base to take this blunder personally.

P3: 2-4-5/1-2-5/5

P3: 4-5-9/2/4-5

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:56 pm 

From DRF.com:

Dance Floor Maniac will run for purse money only in the fifth because the announcement that his entrymate, Show Trial, was scratched wasn't made until after wagering for the pick-four had begun. Show Trial was entered for main-track only and because of the forecast, NYRA did not scratch the main-track only entrants for the fifth, seventh and ninth at the usual scratch time.

Also scratched out of the fifth was Hurricane Heat.

It has yet to rain, but not all the MTO's for the seventh and ninth have been scratched.