It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 7:40 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Thursday Belmont Race 5
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:29 pm 

1 Mile | Open | 3 Year Olds And Up | CLAIMING ( $12,500 ) | Purse: $22,000

Post subject: Re: Thursday Belmont Race 5
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:11 am 

DUTYHONORCOUNTRY matched his best fig ever last out at Monmouth. Drops and picks up Ramon today. Gonna be overbet.

N P CAT has a win at the distance, drops, and goes first off the claim for Galluscio. Very dangerous here.

PATENT PENDING TOM is interesting (and maybe a stretch). This creature fired nicely off the freshening with better in May and maybe he does it again with the drop in class today. Could be worth a cheap dickie diddle somewhere.

Jumpman Tommy Voss ships the Lump AVENGING - SCRATCH - up from the Deli. The horse is 1/0/1 from two tries at a mile on the lawn, drops, and catches Maragh for the ride. Do not ignore.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:57 pm 

Through 4 races I have hit a Pick 3 that had two singles and a DD on a 2X2 play that lost money. I'm out 6 bucks so far.

I will not have to go to the homeless vets' joint tonight and push some old disabled soldiers and sailors off the line so that I can get some meat in my soup but Jeebs said it best yesterday in a post down below - this racing is horrible.

Jason and Andy are touting Saratoga on the live feed as "...only eight days away!"

As if a change in venue is going to make things better. For the short term, yes, but through a 40-day haul I forsee much of the same.

I hope that I am wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:04 pm 

ExBx: 2/6

P3: 2-5-6/1/4-6

DD: 2-6/1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:11 pm 

Espinoza knew he had this race won at the 3/8 pole. He was standing in the irons! All he needed was a seam and boy did he find one.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:17 pm 

I didn't think that Pat Farro had the shipper horse here and I pay the price. Moneyman Espinoza rated the horse after the last out Chuckie Lopez burnout.

Happily the bomb TOM catches some place money to plug up some holes in my sinking raft.