The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 3:32 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Nor'easter #3 Is Coming? Yo, Wooley!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:46 pm 

I watched the weather wankers on TV this morning talking about nasty rains east of Texas working their way to get to the east coast and catching a shot to roll up the coast for another nor'easter.

Well, this 70-year-old fart just got by two nor'easters in the past week and got lucky with both. The first one brought great rain mixed with snow and high winds but where I am on Long Island we caught the warmer rain bands while people north of NYC got murdered with the snow and winds. And power outages after nor'easter #1 that are still going on after nor'easter #2 which happened yesterday.

Nor'easter #2 had my old carcass out with the snow blower this morning but just a few inches of wet heavy snow that got crusty overnight wasn't a bad deal. The winds were not as severe as those during Nor'easter #1 and we never lost power - unlike many thousands of people in Westchester who have had no power for a week.

I don't want a third nor'easter or any kind of snow. I quit climbing trees with a chainsaw at the age of of 53 and 17 years later I'm not thrilled with any kind of snow anymore. Hey, spring is near - it's time to watch squirrels and birds mate.

Post subject: Re: Nor'easter #3 Is Coming? Yo, Wooley!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:16 am 

Snowmaggdon!!!! in NoWestc

Power out since last Friday. Still out per neighbor. Was out of electricity for 13 days for Sandy in 2012. Too many downed tree limbs.

Left to visit sis in FL on Monday. Got out before second Nor'easter. :mrgreen: Weather in FL great...60deg!!!

Post subject: Re: Nor'easter #3 Is Coming? Yo, Wooley!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:58 am 

More snow on 3/13 for nor'easter #3 but some folks up in Westchester are still waiting for power from nor'easter #1 eleven days ago.

Meanwhile our arrogant presidential wannabe Gov. "Andy Boy" Cuomo has made several trips to Puerto Rico to cry about the power outages there from a hurricane but doesn't seem to give a fat fiddler's f*&$ for his own constituents in New York.