The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sun Jun 23, 2024 3:58 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Long Island Public Servants
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:14 pm 

The former Nassau County Executive is presently on trial in federal court for selling his office while his wife is also a defendant for taking $450K for a no-show job and lying to the feds about it. The third defendant (same trial) is the former Town of Oyster Bay Supervisor who allegedly was also selling his office.

And like they say on TV, "But Wait There's More!"

Just to the east a Suffolk County District Judge was arrested for breaking into a woman's home and stealing her soiled panties from her pile of laundry.

https://nypost.com/2018/03/30/judge-acc ... -to-court/

Years ago when I was young and I could do fences and run I would steal panties off of clothes lines and out of laundromats but now at the age of 70 I just try to sneak into the wife's laundry pile. Jeez, we were laughing over this news this morning.

Post subject: Re: Long Island Public Servants
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:26 pm 

Every level of New York government is corrupt.

The guy testifying in the trial mentioned above pleaded guilty for bribing the NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio and Governor Andrew Cuomo's top aide and best friend was just convicted of corruption for selling favors to people looking for business in New York State. More trials are coming.

Only the Feds are into the NY corruption. Our state Attorney General Eric Schneiderman wants to be the next governor and although surrounded by corruption up in Albany does not want to see any of it.

Post subject: Re: Long Island Public Servants
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:44 pm 

From Newsday:

A Suffolk County judge accused of burglarizing a neighbor’s home was temporarily relieved of his judicial duties indefinitely on Friday, a state court official said.

The announcement came after District Court Judge Robert Cicale, 49, of East Islip, pleaded not guilty to second-degree burglary, a Class C felony, in the Central Islip courthouse where he presides.

He appeared before Judge David McAndrews, a Nassau County District Court judge who was brought in to preside at the arraignment.

Cicale looked down as he heard a prosecutor recount his admission that he had gone into the neighbor’s house because he had “urges to take panties.”

A 23-year-old neighbor on Donna Place was in her bedroom when Cicale opened the bedroom door about 9 a.m. Thursday, authorities said. The woman shouted “Hello,” closed and locked the door and called her mother, who kept her daughter on the line while the mother called 911, the prosecutor said.

Cicale left the house but was arrested nearby when he could not explain to a patrol officer why he was knocking on another neighbor’s door, the prosecutor said. He had female underwear taken from the first home when he was arrested, police said.

The prosecutor said the woman identified Cicale, who wrote out a confession and a letter of apology to the woman.

A court complaint said Cicale told authorities: “I went into the house to take the panties again but left when I heard someone home. The panties I had on me are from the other times I went into the house.”