The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sun Jun 23, 2024 3:52 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Bosco The Cat & Last Week's Amazement
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:00 pm 

Bosco was born out back from Ginger in 2016 and was small for a male. I figured he'd have a tough time getting by his first winter but he wanted to live and last spring he was an adolescent male turning into a tom. He caught shelter in the garage and good food during his first winter. I got him trapped and neutered in the spring.

Spring 2018? He's a small lean tom and a good-natured cat, part of a small colony. So what's the amazement?

One morning last week I was sitting at the kitchen table gumming my morning muffin with Irish butter, slopping up my Rice Krispies with blueberries from Chile and enjoying my Maxwell House coffee. I could see Bosco out back sitting on top of a cat condo. He was staring at the sky. But no, he began to fidget - he was looking at the narrow steel bones at the top of the gazebo frame. He had a mission in mind.

The cat made a leap. He landed more than 8 feet up on a platform less than two inches wide. He was scrunched when he landed with his fronts one way, his backs the other way, his body arched in the middle and his tail moving low and to the side back and forth to catch some balance. The cat stood up on the narrow steel frame and walked all around the gazebo before jumping onto the garage roof. He went up the peaked roof and down the other side whereupon he jumped into my neighbor's tree and let himself down. That's when he jumped the 6-foot fence to get into my yard and go into the garage for a nap in a good bed.

That was the amazement.

Post subject: Re: Bosco The Cat & Last Week's Amazement
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:51 pm 

Agile car that Bosco ! :D

:mrgreen: Testing entry/exits from his domain!

Post subject: Re: Bosco The Cat & Last Week's Amazement
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:47 pm 

Bosco was skittish and would watch me petting up and rubbing up Garfield and Tuxedo. One day he got into the mix with his tail straight out back. I got some rubs into his neck and shoulders and now Bosco is less feral - he won't go solo but when I pet some cats he comes up to me for some action.