The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 2:29 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Stew Leonard's
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:39 pm 

The wife likes the place so for Sunday's 8 a.m. opening time I drove over to the East Meadow store. Porterhouse steaks were on sale for $5.99/lb. and I wanted to get a big one for us to share today. The place is like a maze to get through. The deli, produce, meat and fish departments are excellent but unless you jump a sale I didn't think the prices were all that competitive. And I don't need mannequins singing to me at 8 in the morning. The fresh bagels I snagged at the bakery are very good and the store-packed container of mussels marinara seemed to be a good deal.

Post subject: Re: Stew Leonard's
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:59 am 

Stew Leonards is top notch, since I moved off Long Island in 2003 Stew's is one of the top 5 things in Mainland USA. One of my favorite deals there is the beef lion for $5.99 a pound. When cut that's a Filet Mignon. We will get the whole loin then there butchers slice it into 15+ Filets. We can eat finest cut of steak for pennies for weeks. It's a really nice touch to have the butcher right there.

Seafood is my thing and they have swordfish for $5.99 or even ahi tuna. If I was running an addict recovery center I would take the patients to Stews and ween them off heroin and hook them on the ahi tuna or steaks. The deals are that good.

Post subject: Re: Stew Leonard's
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:27 pm 

I had a swordfish steak from Stew's last week with some lettuce & tomato and fries. I did it up in butter, lemon and garlic. It was sensational.