The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:45 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Saturday Morning's Sad Face Story, Wooley
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:25 pm 

I got home from the morning beer and muffin run at ShopRite shortly after 7 a.m. and I fed the cats outside. That's when I walked down the driveway to get my newspaper delivery off the front lawn. Off to my left and coming from the wrong direction was the huge neutered tom Sad Face right down the middle of the sidewalk - swaggering slowly as if he were still the "King Tom" of the neighborhood with lots of pregnant girlfriends. I waited for him. He turned into the driveway and stopped next to me. I leaned over to rub his head and give him a shoulder and ear rub. I told him to catch breakfast and he moped up to the platters of Friskies and tuna and sardines.

Sad Face turned into a nice cat since I got him trapped and neutered last year but the wife and I are the only two humans that I know of that he'll let pet him and rub him up. He had open wounds and an infected abscess when he got to TNR but the people who cared for him from cattrapper.org and the DVM that removed his reproductive gear said that he was a gentle soul when he was treated. He was held over a few days for massive doses of antibiotics but when Sad Face got back to the neighborhood he was a happy cat and was never going to get bitten and ripped up anymore.

Post subject: Re: Saturday Morning's Sad Face Story, Wooley
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:31 am 

Got a life now...but thinks he can still "hit it out of the park" with that swager down the street!!! :lol: