The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sun Jul 07, 2024 4:19 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: The March 10th Sardine Sale, Wooley
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:42 pm 

ShopRite had Chicken of the Sea sardines in water on sale this morning for 79 cents a can. I loaded up at 6:30 a.m.

I got to the cashier with beer, sardines, cans of cat food, a newspaper and a loaf of white bread - everything a man needs to get through the day.

I laid out platters of sardines in stinky fishy water for the feral cats when I got home and they were overjoyed. Plenty for everybody. They slurp up the water before gobbling the fish. Every cat had its tail straight up in happiness.

Post subject: Re: The March 10th Sardine Sale, Wooley
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:57 pm 

Bravo!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject: Re: The March 10th Sardine Sale, Wooley
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:01 pm 

This afternoon the teen bride of only 43 years and the tender age of 61 went out to do the grocery shopping for her family. She came back with lots of great groceries and the last seven cans of sardines that were still on the shelf at 79-cents a can.

She hates the smell of sardines and wouldn't dream of eating one but she knows that I like them now and again and that the cats outside love them. Forget about being busty, her heart is beyond huge and maybe that's why I like her a little bit and enjoy doing things for her. More than four decades with this girl was a tough trip for me so far but no doubt tougher for her with me.

Oh, and she also brought home a 16-pound bag of kibble for the ferals and about 75 cans of cat food (Friskies and 9Lives).