The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu Jul 04, 2024 1:13 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Saturday Morning's Eye Opener, Wooley
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:19 pm 

No, it wasn't a blast of Irish with a warm Bud chaser. I was safe, sane and sober and had come back from a fine Jewish bakery in West Hempstead (Riesterer's) with bagels and buns and great good stuff. The bakery opens at 6 a.m and I got there by 6:30.

I came out of the kitchen to fetch my newspaper off the front lawn. Just inside my front door is a beautiful half-length mirror that's been there since the house was built in 1947. We kept it. In front of the mirror was my granddaughter Allison and she was applying some makeup. She and her BFF Casey were going into NYC again with tickets to the Halsey concert at Madison Square Garden tonight. I thought it strange that a girl would apply makeup in her nightie before getting dressed to go out.

It wasn't her nightie - it was her clothes for the day.

Hello Granpa!!!

I got promoted to Corporal of Marines in a line outfit at Camp LeJeune, North Carolina when I was 18 out of the casualties laid up in Vietnam and replacements were needed and the bride was 18 when she married me but...

Teen girls of 18 new out of high school from Virginia should not get on the Long Island Rail Road to waltz around Brooklyn (yes they did) and get into midtown for a concert at the Garden like the world is safe but yes they did.

Granma? She went to a girl's school but Granma used to roll up the top of the skirt of her uniform at Dominican Commercial High School to flash some leg. And the top buttons of her blouse sometimes became undone when she was going home on a NYC bus and the nuns weren't there. She told Allison to slip a T-shirt over her ample Sicilian/Irish breastapoochies.

Granma the teen bride has been biting her lip all day as a street-wise girl off the streets of Flushing (146th & Northern Blvd.) but I am happy to report at 9 p.m. that the teen girls are in the Halsey concert at Madison Square Garden and that the place is loaded up (in and out) with New York City police officers. Penn Station underneath is loaded up with armed National Guardsmen, NYC cops and probably some good people too.

Parenting is a tough job. Grandparenting is a rough job as well since you are getting to be an old fart and two generations below is younger and smarter just like you used to be.

Post subject: Re: Saturday Morning's Eye Opener, Wooley
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:18 am 

breastapoochies 1/4 Pole?? ive never quite heard them described as that before but thanks for the laugh and be happy you're just granpa cause kids nowadays are scaryy and best enjoyed in small doses. Its been a long time hope everyone is well in your house

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:44 am 

Horselover, you're a sweet girl and I miss your company at Board Meetings but those things haven't happened for a long time now.

How be Shammy?

On a more serious note "breastapoochies" are the things that do not allow a lady's blouse or T-shirt to lay straight-down flat between her chin and belly button.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:08 am 

NYC is one of the safest cities in the world, and a lot safer than these hick towns :roll: scattered about the US states .

I get the clothing thing too...different world. I went to a girls only catholic hs school...nuff said1! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:45 am 

So true wooley lots of police in NYC. Im in Florida now and you hardly ever see police unless they're cleaning up after an accident.............and Q/P last time I talked to Shammy which was in Dec. i think she was doing fine. Yes the era of the board meetings may be over but lots of good memories remain