The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:44 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Strange Days
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:43 am 

Two cats died outside and one was a real nice gentle cat. The wife thinks they may have ingested poison and if I find evidence of that I'll be on the phone to the county ASPCA cops (they carry guns and are peace officers where I live). The laundry room caught a leak and the VA tells me that one particular place I was stationed probably poisoned me and that I have been placed in a special priority group. I have been scheduled for a full G.I. series medical exam - I'm in with the cancer-ridden guys who were made to watch nuclear tests back in the 50s and the Agent Orange guys who were murdered and sickened by the U.S. government in Vietnam. I catch free medical care for the rest of my life and now may qualify for a disability pension via the medication I take for a malfunctioning (poisoned) thyroid.

All these things are interfering with my beer guzzling and pony playing and to make matters worse the teen bride from '73 wants me to install handles on all the kitchen drawers and cabinets. She bought them already and I'm cornered.

Things could be a lot worse though. I feel good for my age and nobody here is going broke.

Post subject: Re: Strange Days
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:34 am 

Found another dead cat in a cat condo out back this morning and it's becoming a concern since some regulars like Stubby are missing.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:43 am 

Hope this wasn't an attack by someone.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:57 am 

The wife thinks somebody may be laying out poison but I prefer to think better about my fellow man. I'm wondering though.