The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu Jul 04, 2024 12:32 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: House Cats & House Guests & Cat Behavior - Oh Wooley!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:09 pm 

The cats that live in my home have been here for more than 6 years. The kitten momcat off the street Mister Mittens, her huge son Trouble and her runt daughter Shiloh decided early on that my home made a good territory for them. There was good food here, three floors to roam, warm beds, great things to climb, fantastic toys and well-maintained litter boxes from the old Marine plop and pee scooper.

Cats will co-habit with humans that they know well. House cats truly believe that the humans that feed them and shelter them and provide warm beds during winter should be tolerated. For instance, they will share your bed with you if you get into it gently and don't make them move too much. A cat believes that your bed is a piece of its territory and that you should be thankful that it lets you sleep in it.

Barbara from Australia is here for several days as a guest of my teen bride who's collecting Social Security. Barbara is maybe 5' 2'' and might tip the scales at 105 pounds but to the house cats she is a monster intruder upon their territory. They've been laying up in the man cave by me and only go downstairs to eat in the kitchen when Barbara is not there.

Last night the tom Trouble went downstairs to the living room to yell out a cat noise before returning to the man cave. Little Shiloh went downstairs too just to look things over. Momcat? Beyond food and the litter box up in the man cave she's been nailed to my bed. She's a good bunky for an old Marine that doesn't get upset when she blasts her rump into his ribs at bedtime in the dark and head-butts him before dawn for the awakening for food. I think she actually loves me when I pet her in the morning and say, "Let's go eat". She leaps out of my bed to race downstairs to sit by her feed dish patiently as I stumble by to pee while moaning and praying that my bladder holds out.

Cats are amazing creatures to live with and three are a joyful pisser.