The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:20 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: PHPBB Boards Like This One
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:50 pm 

I was a good Marine rifleman and radioman more than 40 years ago and A-OK as a working man for almost 40 years. I was clever with my hands and was an ace with computer hardware and data communications when transmitting 2,400 baud over hard copper was the fastest on the planet.

My shortcomings have always dealt with the keyboard. I am not smart enough to bring our old icons here or bring the board to you in fantastic colors. Jeebs did that and did a swell job on his own time. For that I am thankful.

I can live with what we have now until I grow a better brain and go tackle what I want to do but I will tell you that the self-help boards on-line do not land me into anyplace that I can figure out with confidence.

Any help here?

The owner of the server (a fine horseman) who gives us unlimited service for $0.00 has provided the keys to the kingdom to tweak the board in any way I see fit.

The problem here with me is that I'm not good enough to do it.

Both in civilian work management and in the Marines, the best bosses and officers and sergeants figure out who can do the best for the mission at hand, assign the job, and then get the hell out of the way.

Anybody here smarter than me to spruce up the Board?

Fire a PM and we'll work it out.

Post subject: Re: PHPBB Boards Like This One
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:33 am 

1/4 Pole wrote:
I was a good Marine rifleman and radioman more than 40 years ago and A-OK as a working man for almost 40 years. I was clever with my hands and was an ace with computer hardware and data communications when transmitting 2,400 baud over hard copper was the fastest on the planet.

My shortcomings have always dealt with the keyboard. I am not smart enough to bring our old icons here or bring the board to you in fantastic colors. Jeebs did that and did a swell job on his own time. For that I am thankful.

I can live with what we have now until I grow a better brain and go tackle what I want to do but I will tell you that the self-help boards on-line do not land me into anyplace that I can figure out with confidence.

Any help here?

The owner of the server (a fine horseman) who gives us unlimited service for $0.00 has provided the keys to the kingdom to tweak the board in any way I see fit.

Both in civilian work management and in the Marines, the best bosses and officers and sergeants figure out who can do the best for the mission at hand, assign the job, and then get the hell out of the way.

Hell it Works as it Is . No Pretty Pony Board Needed .

Heck I Dream of Hitting the Big Pick Six and the Dream is in Black and White ???

So Not Too worry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:50 am 

The only things I dream about now are dirty filthy young women and the gook we let go that grabbed a rifle and snapped a shot by my right ear about ten minutes later from 100 yards.

Obama would have loved him and apologized for misunderstandings.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:51 pm 

Yorker wrote:
1/4 Pole wrote:

Any help here?

Hell it Works as it Is . No Pretty Pony Board Needed .

Heck I Dream of Hitting the Big Pick Six and the Dream is in Black and White ???

So Not Too worry

I never thought I'd say this, but I agree with Yorker :o It works fine, there's no complaints and not much argueing. Why try to fix it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:52 pm 

I was able to salvage some of the old themes from a previous backup. Is that what you wanted done. The seem to work on the new board.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:41 pm 

Looks great to me.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:02 pm 

I'm with Yorker. What you've got looks terrific.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:27 pm 

A board is a board, but I am however very partial to it looking sharp. I like the colors and our logo back. Adds a bit of flair to our home.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:26 pm 

smilies don't work

sad face
&
shock smilies are needed

These are needed when your bankroll takes a sudden rough wave, and you lose all your King Crabs

signed
smiley face

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:31 am 

The smilies didn't work with the green BEL color scheme on the other board either.