The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:39 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Tomcat Hassles & Little Emily Out Back & Winter & Oh Wooley!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:31 pm 

Emily was born in late summer. Yes, she lives out back where she was born. From the three kittens out of her litter two girls are left - Emily the runt and her larger and sturdier sister Ginger. They get fed every day and there are two insulated cat houses out back that cost my beloved wife $276.00 in American money to have made up and delivered.

Lay out cat food in bad weather? You attract a crowd.

No, there are not a hundred cats outside but some male toms with great bellies show up and I suspect that they are house cats that are turned loose during the day.

I do not think that Mom Nature has put little Emily into a mood and cycle to mate in January as a small kitten. Her kittens would be born in late winter and have zero chance to survive.

Here's the Thursday night pissoff from just two days ago - I was upstairs watching TV and the wife came home from work. I heard strange "meows" of distress from downstairs. The wife had brought Emily inside. A huge tom was chasing her when the wife got home and little Emily got onto my front steps. The wife chased off the tomcat.

In the living room Emily just kept letting out these meow cries. Our enormous "no-testicle" tom Trouble house cat just walked up to her and while tense just sniffed her head and ears. He made no aggressive moves. He saw no threat with the strange frightened cat that was maybe less than 1/4th of his size. Our little runt-girl cat Shiloh stood off to the side and just watched. Gentle and not rattled, the "Sweet Babycakes" is going to live to be twenty I think and no doubt die in her sleep snorked up in warm blankets with a full belly while being brushed. The momcat Mister Mittens stood away but I heard a short hiss from her.

The 18-year-old teen bride Granma now by sixty picked up the feral Emily and held her like a newborn human while rubbing her back and talking nice to her. All three house cats here had a shot to attack Emily but none did.

This morning after the snow I laid out lots of cat food while I was going to clean the snow and slush off the wife's car. I was going for groceries, a few newspapers and shoelaces for my ballet slippers. The side stairs of the house were clear and that was where I laid out the cat food. Little Emily was there to eat and that's when the huge grey sunuvabitch tom ran her off to eat her food and everybody else's. He made Emily go over a fence before coming back to eat. I was brushing the slush off the wife's car and I ran him off. I think if I had a .45 on my hip or in a shoulder holster I might have shot him but I understand that he just wanted to eat and that if he's not a house cat let out he's just trying to get by winter too.

Dr. Wallach comes off vacation on Monday and I do have plans for Emily if I can keep her alive for another week or so.

Post subject: Re: Tomcat Hassles & Little Emily Out Back & Winter & Oh Woo
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:43 am 

Larry do you have a contingency plan for Emily and Ginger if you get the forcasted Snowmageddon? Maybe move the houses into the garage with some litter?

Man, am I glad I am missing that shitshow. I'm done with snow.......

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:31 am 

Now they're talking about three feet of snow and the "worst snowstorm in recorded history" for NYC and Long Island. I've got the generator in case the lights go but the snow blower will be useless in snow that deep. John is here to help and I'll just play it by ear. And nobody has seen Emily for two days - that's got me feeling low.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:47 pm 

Oh no! :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:52 pm 

1/4 pole saw Emily this morning. Its in the "Blizzard" topic