The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:36 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Snow Storms And House Cats
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:49 pm 

The huge "no-gonad" tom Trouble has been known to get outside. Not long ago when the weather was better he blew out the side door to chase an adult female cat off my property and over a 6-foot fence while I was bringing food out to that girl's kittens. He went over the fence too but trotted back home about ten minutes later along the sidewalk out front. He raced by three startled kittens to go after their mother that never bothered him. Cats are strange creatures.

Last night when the wind was howling and the snow was blowing the tom was active. The beloved bride opened the front door and the tom Trouble went to the front door. A gust of cold wind blew some powdered snow into his face and he backed off. He galloped away to go bunk with his sister Shiloh upon my wife's bed.

Later in the evening the momcat got out of my bed. She had been there all day buried in my old filthy blankets for six hours after I stuffed her with the gourmet lunch. I think one of the blankets is wool and was issued to me by the Marine Corps in 1965 and last cleaned in 1968 but I'm not sure.

The momcat Mister Mittens is "street" and knows the neighborhood. She knows how to roll around and how not to get killed by dogs and cars. The bride opened the front door wide for her too last night. I was against it as I figured the momcat would jump over the small snow drift that was by the front door and go waltzing about. But no - Mister Mittens saw the snow, sniffed the cold air, made some feline mental calculations and then backed up a few steps before turning around and then galloping to the sofa at which place she jumped up to bury herself in a warm comforter.

What about the Sweet Babycakes runt girl Shiloh? That cat was buried and snoogled into the ancient bathrobe "bluey thingy" on my wife's bed. She stayed there. She was born outside but that gentle little girl loves a warm bed when she's packing a full belly in a home where human flunkies go out of their way to pet her, love her, brush her and treat her like royalty. That feline gal has it made. We've seen her go nuts with summer bugs and kill huge things with a million legs in the house but no human has ever seen her front claws extended or her fangs bared.