The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:46 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Blizzard Watch
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:26 pm 

It might be flurries for Buffalo but Monday's storm is forecast to dump up to two feet of snow on Long Island and NYC. The blizzard watch extends all the way from the Jersey shore up to northern New England.

Post subject: Re: Blizzard Watch
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:46 pm 

NYRA should cancel January.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:23 pm 

Remember the good horse 25 years ago, "A Storm is Coming". Laz's ??????? not sure.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:21 am 

I went out as usual for the newspapers and a warm muffin and some light snow started at 7 a.m. The shopping center with WalMart and ShopRite was packed with last-moment assholes in a panic buying everything that wasn't nailed down.

I fed two stray cats on my way out and when I got back the momcat Black 'N White and her daughter Emily were waiting for me. I hadn't seen Emily all weekend and was thrilled to see her. I thought I had lost her.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:27 pm 

Everything is fine at 6 p.m. with just a few inches down but it's 10 p.m and the 15 hours after that when the storm really kicks in. The wife worked from home today so there's no worries abut her commute tonight. I still like her a little bit.

The city that never sleeps will do just that as our progressive, gutless nannies in office are shutting down the subways, trains and buses at 11 p.m. Night workers in NYC and everyplace else will be stranded. Motorists caught on any downstate street in thirteen counties after eleven will be subject to a summons and/or arrest. I don't have any Nazi flags here but if I did I'd be thinking about running one up the pole out front.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:20 am 

They cancelled every flight going and coming at Albany with forecasted 14" of snow yesterday. Now at 5:15 am there is not one inch of snow, and every weatherman is saying I'm so sorry. Blah blah blah about our storm models, blah blah,. Schools closed, roads closed, not one inch of snow. Ok I get it, these guys would make good handicappers.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:45 am 

Well, at 6:20 a.m. on Tuesday the city of New York is on lockdown for 6 shitty inches of snow. The bridges are closed, the trains and buses are stopped and you can be shot by the stormtroopers if you venture out in a car.

Where I am in Nassau County, instead of three feet we got 8 to 12 inches of dry powder. Further east out in Suffolk they got 18 to 24 inches. The winds that were supposed to blow old people and small children out to Indiana never showed up. The massive power outages never happened.

I'm not complaining but the weather wankers blew this one big time. Governor Andy Boy and Comrade de Blasio in NYC look like complete assholes for crying on TV all day yesterday.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:08 am 

It is interesting to note that on talk radio through the night the citizens were irate over the nanny state closing down NYC. Hundreds of thousands of night workers were stranded with no subways or buses running. Even the Staten Island ferry was laid up. One guy was complaining that he delivers bread and for the first time in 35 years he won't make it to work because of of the "far left louses" that rule by decree and will not let him earn his living. Fresh bread and newspapers were not delivered. Government shut down commerce.

People were mad and I agreed with all of them. Nanny went overboard and has abused her citizens. Big Government had the answer for everything and fell on its ass again. This is not the America I grew up in and wore a uniform for.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:03 pm 

Gee, Wolf Blitzer just opened his show with "Armageddon like" comments regarding the storm. I guess they want to extend the storyline another night.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:46 am 

If Wolf Blitzer is on your TV screen you need to change the channel..If not for the non blizzard he would be talking about OJ.