The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 7:37 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: No Retirement For The Bride At The End Of May
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:07 pm 

It gets complicated but it has to do with health care. The wife has to work into June to keep her medical insurance from her employer intact until the end of the year. I catch Medicare as a withering old fart beyond 65 but I do not subscribe to "Part B". If I bought that action about 1/3rd of my Social Security would go away to pay for welfare and slacker bums and other assorted non-working "progressives" since my wife's income is too high for me to collect what's due to me after four decades of work. My income as a veteran who busted his ass with labor for four decades must be "redistributed" to bums who never worked. My wife's income makes it so since we file our taxes jointly as good and loyal Americans.

By working until June 5th, the wife will be able to keep carrying me on her Merrill Lynch health insurance until the end of 2015 and by January 1st we'll have some other deal going. I will have saved many thousands of dollars by not buying into Medicare Part B or laying myself into the freebie government butchers at the Veterans Administration. Or paying out of pocket if I need a doctor.

On January 1st, 2016 - if I'm still alive- the wife and I will have something figured out for health care but I'm afraid that the Obamacare subsidies (on us) and Pelosi's "we have to pass the bill to see what's in it" will have us fugged sideways.

If you are nowhere near 60, stay out of debt and understand that in the United States NOW you are going to work for most of your life and be expected to pay for people many decades younger than you who have never worked.

Post subject: Re: No Retirement For The Bride At The End Of May
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:03 pm 

It ain't cheap, check it out NOW! She may want to delay retirement a few years, not kidding.

Your package arrived, thanks, open it tomorrow AM! hoppy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:37 pm 

You'll love the old NYRA video, Paul. Lots of color from when we were lads and the Bluebloods ran the show as "sport" and before Kenny Noe gathered up all of his bags of money to haul ass to Florida.

Mr. Noe is dead now but as per his NYRA contract his widow catches 100% of his pension (huge) and no doubt has an attic filled with bags of money down in Florida.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:17 pm 

Hopalong wrote:
It ain't cheap, check it out NOW! She may want to delay retirement a few years, not kidding.

Your package arrived, thanks, open it tomorrow AM! hoppy

You are most welcome, sir, and it's good that I have reciprocated.

The wife is done after more than 40 years out of being that busty-cute-teen-blonde-$109.00-a-week margin clerk for Merrill Lynch (now under Bank of America). Out of our rat trap 2 &1/2 room apartment at 161st St. and Northern Boulevard in Flushing, Queens 42 years ago it was a two-fare trip each way via bus and subway for her to get to lower Manhattan. She is in the upper ranks with her employer now via a High School degree from Dominican Commercial High School (Jamaica,Queens) that had lots of nuns that told her to keep her legs closed and her mind open. She has young MBAs working for her that adore her and a 6-fig boss that does not want her to retire.

We don't live large in the $37,250 starter home that's paid off out of 1978 (built in '47) and I do not make car buffs gasp when I cruise by a car show in the 2011 Chrysler 200 sedan (also paid off).

She's got cash, a vested pension from years ago, a 401-K that's mind-boggling and deferred stock options for bonuses that go back to the Wall Street tumbles from 2008 and other years that have rebounded superbly. Some of them aren't even due yet. I wear jeans that looked good on me when they were new and Reagan was in the White House.

Hey, we're A-OK. She's bailing out after 41 years at the age of 62 (she had broken service as a pregnant lady and new mother - not allowed now I hear).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:33 pm 

The wife likes to sleep in. I get up near dawn or before it. When she pulls the plug in June she will have fresh coffee for when she gets up and anything she wants from ShopRite or the bakery for breakfast. I might even pat her on her ass and hug her.

She's been good to me for a long time and I like her a little bit.