The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:03 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: My New York Mets
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:31 pm 

Lost again today. They're 10 and 19 on the road and without that long winning streak at home they'd be in the dumpster.

This morning they were leading their division by a thread in first place with the worst win percentage of any division.

Their best pitcher is a hundred pounds overweight, still can't speak English after almost two decades in the majors and will be up for Social Security in just twenty years.

No decent Met regular can fart or sit in a chair without a trip to the disabled list. Jeez, I saw shot-up Marines come back to a line outfit off wounds and they weren't making millions.

No matter. I saw the best Brooklyn team ever ('53) get beat in the World Serious and I was up in in the cheap seats ($1.25) at the Polo Grounds with a bag of sandwiches from Mom as a young teen to watch the Mets get walloped a lot of times.

When some teams get going the Mets figure to plummet in the NL East.

Like the old man used to say about win percentages in baseball, "Five hundred on the road and six hundred at home gives you a shot to make a move during the long summer."

The Mets? Millionaire pussy all-stars load up the disabled list.

Rant over.