The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 7:44 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Saratoga's top two restaurants....
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:35 pm 

After Prime and 15 Church Street....... No on Siro's too noisy.

Post subject: Re: Saratoga's top two restaurants....
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:47 pm 

Paul, I have been encouraged to lay out another "syndicate day" for Travers Day.

If I ever sober up and give up beer and the glue bag tied to my throat I might catch some sanity again. I might do it but it'll be better put together next time. The Pick "Less-Than-Six" will catch greater action.

I will always love that meet I did up in Saratoga out of that tiny bedroom on Nelson Avenue with the shared bathroom. Working 60 hours a week (first week was 90) was A-OK. I bet one race the entire meet and the horse won.

I have stories about that meet - the AutoTote guys borrowed from all over and Julie Krone in a saloon. 1992 I think.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:17 pm 

Always saw Julie at Siro's piano bar.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:58 pm 

I saw Julie do a bungee jump off a crane next to a lake on a lark.

I worked with a guy out of a southern track (maybe Louisiana Downs) who had flown more than 30 missions on a B-25 in Korea as a radioman/gunner. Funniest guy that anybody could ever meet. One day with the next day a dark day some fellows from AutoTote were getting a load on. Older guys, veterans. I was one of them. It was broad daylight and the only "weekend" for the meet I did not go home.

We were talking branches of the service and machine guns and my friend was talking about the B-25 and the models and the Pratt & Whitney engines and the engines laid out for planes by Wright Cyclone.

A young busty drunken lady walked up to our spot at the bar and said that her father was an airplane mechanic for the Air Force during Korea. My friend told her that he knew what was powering the aircraft he had flown but that he was a turret gunner up top but mostly a radioman during his missions. She wanted to know what a radioman does on a medium bomber in combat.

He: "Lift your shirt up."

She did.

He: "Lift your bra up."

She did.

He: (with thumbs and forefingers twiddling her nipples with his head off to the left with his eyes closed) "Come in Tokyo!"

I'm not sure I ever laughed harder in my life while going off a bar stool but I'm a more gentle creature now.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:27 am 

1/4 Pole wrote:
Paul, I have been encouraged to lay out another "syndicate day" for Travers Day.

If I ever sober up and give up beer and the glue bag tied to my throat I might catch some sanity again. I might do it but it'll be better put together next time. The Pick "Less-Than-Six" will catch greater action.

I will always love that meet I did up in Saratoga out of that tiny bedroom on Nelson Avenue with the shared bathroom. Working 60 hours a week (first week was 90) was A-OK. I bet one race the entire meet and the horse won.

I have stories about that meet - the AutoTote guys borrowed from all over and Julie Krone in a saloon. 1992 I think.

Start collecting investments around Opening Day, and cut off participation the Wednesday before the Travers, so that you're not scrambling last second. See what you can do to increase your maximum deposit on Xpressbet in case you get inundated with investors.

If you really insist that those with the "most skin in the game" have their horses take priority over others with minor investments, I would construct ABC-style tickets so that everybody has a fair shot to have their voices heard, and so nobody is eating sour grapes with a dose of bitter pill like Saturday.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:58 am 

I came to my senses this morning. An e-check finally cleared into PayPal on Wednesday so that'd be an issue. In hindsight I should have run funds into the pony account as I received them, not all at once.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:08 am 

AND THE RESTAURANTS ARE????????????????????

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:59 am 

I think the best bet is off Exit 9. We have Delmonico's who has great food, and very great wait staff. Then there is Bilinis also. Nice place. You would approve

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:57 am 

Limoncello is nice, but there is construction along that road right now. Chianti in downtown is also top notch.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:03 am 

Thanks, saw the construction article on Limoncello. New management taking over Siro's as of today.